Filling the arches..........

Reaction score
What size wheel will fill the arches of a 2002 s3 225bhp? I would like 18" wheels but I haven't got a clue about all of the other dimensions like the width of the wheel and the tyre profile.

I wanted to avoid using spacers if possible.

:icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

Use spacers, the S3 is over tyre'd anyway and I suspect the only way to get it how you want it to the use 3 piece wheels to get the balance of ET and wheel width right as the rears will need to be wider than the fronts to get them to fill the arches properly.... limits your choices, buggers the handling and more expense than it needs to be... IMO of course..

Spacer wise, I run 10mm front and 15mm rear.

<tuffty/>

If you don't want to use spacers, then you need to find wheels with a low offset of say ET20-25 for the same effect as running 10-15mm spacers. After market alloys are usually offset ET35 to cater for many models of car.

got 19 x 9" rims on mine, spaced out from hubs, not lowered and these fill the arches very nicely, i wouldnt lower it on these rims though, arch rub on rear from going over bumps and having passengers in the back and would get full lock rub on the front

the ride is not that harsh, but i do get a fair bit of road noise coming through even with all the sound deadening audi put in, but it doesnt bother me

What size wheels would you suggest then if I was to use spacers?

Sticking with 18's 18X8's with 225/40 rubber and and offset of ET25 is what you are after. Most wheels in this size is usually ET35, and 10mm spacers will make it ET25, you can put 15mm spacers on the rear to get ET20 which is what some members are running. If you can afford a set, you can get a set of BBS CH in 18X8.5 with 225/40 rubber, and these come in ET25 or ET30(don't remember, due to the rim width, and that will fill the arches nicely without the need for spacers.

Thanks for the advice.

If you can afford a set, you can get a set of BBS CH in 18X8.5 with 225/40 rubber, and these come in ET25 or ET30(don't remember, due to the rim width, and that will fill the arches nicely without the need for spacers.

The above sounds great except I don't fancy that style of wheel!

Was thinking of a multi spoke type, anyone no of any in those fitments?

cheers

Would these fit?

genuine BBS calito accessory

these are the details on the paper work

BBS RT242 1246098 8P0 071498 V0 072

ET54 71/2 J X 18H2

They are on ebay

Would these fit?

genuine BBS calito accessory

these are the details on the paper work

BBS RT242 1246098 8P0 071498 V0 072

ET54 71/2 J X 18H2

They are on ebay

No they won't fit. If you look at the second string of part numbers, it starts with 8P0, which would suggest these wheels are for 8P fitment, which is the wrong stud pattern for your car. You need 5X100 with an offset of ET25-35 ideally, those would be 5X112 stud pattern, and the offset of ET54 is too high, the wheel will catch your suspension.