Possible hose upgrades.

StevoS3

Reaction score
Hey all! was looking to see if its possible to get upgraded versions of these hoses from and to the dump valve.

Iv got a tear in the bigger one and I dont really want to pay £54 from audi for that crap piece of hose, Id much ather put a few quid extra n get better stuff.

Any help would be great thanks

Stevo.

2cpyk4j.jpg

if i was you id get a relocation kit.that complete pipe would go plus your dv would be on the cold side.2 birds which i stone

if i was you id get a relocation kit.that complete pipe would go plus your dv would be on the cold side.2 birds which i stone
does it actually work better ?

Im not a fan of the relocation kit at all, dont really believe in it tbh although it does look really nice lol

If you dont want to waste your money on an Audi replacement hose then definitely dont waste your money on the relocation kit!

What pip is it that has ripped? Is it the part of the turbo intake pipe (TIP) where the DV sits into?

does it actually work better ?

I'd say the answer is no. The party line from Forge to justify the £100 odd quid is that it puts cooler air through the recirc system which increases longevity of the Diverter Valve (maybe) and results in better boost post dump due to it being colder (load of rubbish).

It's a looks thing really if we're being honest. Puts your 007P out in front so you can show the world you've spent £75 on one....

If it didn't work correctly or well where it is, why did Audi put it there in the first place, and not down by the TB?

is it that simple? id assume if it wasnt 'formed' silicone then it would be quite large bend into the turbo pipe

Yeah really, buy a bending spring or similar.
At the end of the day it doesnt have to follow that exact path of the oem hose, can go round the outside of the steel guide if need be.

Agree with Dani, buy some (6 mm I think) silicone and then just make it fit.... Watch out though, that your engine cover will fit afterwards.

6mm! lol, its about 20-25mm, its quite large.

*cough* I might of only glanced at the picture and thought that he meant to N75 boost hose, not the DV hose..... D'oh.

You can tell I didn't sleep all that much last night!! :(

The car again mate, it keeping you up? haha.

6mm thickness, as in the ply thickness :)

Wish I was on the ball enough to have thought of that! haha. I hold my hands up to a lack of attention...

Dani, no was a sizable argument with the missus, she's away in Trowbridge at the moment, and we were arguing on the blower until 3 AM. Neighbours weren't impressed....

She got roasted at work this morning as well for being late because she overslept. Which was my fault, naturally. :(

All sorted now though thank god. It was only something daft!!

Yup know the feeling.

Had same situation but the car got drag into it, you love that car more than me blah blah, to which i replied well it gives me more fun than you, didnt go down well haha.

It could of been worse. Fortunately the car never got mentioned, but to be fair the missus is lower maintenance, and generally gives me less hassle....!! Still, ended up feeling bad after getting guilt tripped, so couldn't sleep. Looking forward to home time today so I can have a snooze before fitting a starter motor. Thats if the snow has stopped.

You would of been in lots more trouble if you said the car was better in bed...

I don't think so dude, no! Which is actually really really bad! Photos is what we need, with a nice arrow pointing to which one is the issue....

The DV pipe is gonna be a ****** to replace with silicone if you plan to reuse the engine cover as any route other than the one used by the OEM hose has stuff in the way such as the vacuum tank for the N249/DV etc...

I have a similar wish to replace mine but I have removed the N249 from the equation so should be a tad easier... but then I am prob looking to go cold side as well as its looking increasingly like I need to run dual DV's

<tuffty/>

Just bin the cover, looks better and helps with cooling (sligthly anyway)

just in from work guys get you a pic as soon as I can, but it is the hose im holding in the picture just so you all know lol

In which case, if you don't want to cough up for the genuine one, I'd get some silicone hose and a 90 degree metal joiner to make your own.... But thats just me. Dani is right, the hose is about 25mm, but i'd measure to be sure.

so a couple of bits of straight silicone with a 90 degree joint, is there much play in silicone? will it bend much?

Yeah, a reasonable amount before it will cause you any problems. Best thing is to play it by ear to be honest dude. Bottom line is there isn't a pipe for it wihout buying a boost hose kit, so the only way to do it, aside from buying the OEM hose is to make your own.

nice one! but you couldnt help me find the bits I need could you? :w00t:

im gonna have develop a technique then fella for when i go for that catch tank - eventually :)

I dont know exactly what I'm looking for, This is my first turbo and I'm not exsperianced. Just want to make sure I'm getting the right things.

At least point me in the right direction for the silicone itself??