BIG RED LIGHT!

ssbnreso

Reaction score
Got the big red brake warning light on display!

Sometimes comes on when you start car but other times doesn't come on until you drive off?

In manual says check brake fluid but this top up to max mark?

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers

Yes was a wheel speed sensor as yellow abs light was on.

Now both lights on and when i try to read codes with vag com it says 'no response from contoller':blownose:

Check all fuse, all ok, so now thinking it may be abs ecu, but how do i check before a fork out for a replacement :think:

Ahh I had a similar issue with one of my wheel speed sensors after I fitted a new one. I was able to read the sensor but if you monitor all 4 sensors in VCDS (sorry cant remember what block number it was) the readings for that sensor was all over the place. All 4 should be the same if just going down the road normally. I took another look at the sensor and it turns out that I hadn't pushed it in far enough so the gap between the sensor and the abs spindle was too wide. I hammered the sensor into place a bit more from behind so that it was only 2-3 mm away from the spindle and it started working.

Also did you get a genuine audi sensor? I bought one from Euro Car Parts and it packed in after 2 months! I then bought an Audi one and its been fine for 9 months so far.

Hope that helps

Thanks,

Wasn't a genuine part:ermm:

Will check the fit of sensor again

Cheers

Just compare it with the distance of another sensor. They can be difficult to get back into place because the metal hole that they sit in gets rusty and makes it a tight fit. I filed some of the rust off the inside of the hole.

good luck and let me know how it goes.

Well checked all the sensors and the gaps all look the same.

Vag com can't get a response from the abs module, so i'm starting to think it's the abs ecu that's at fault:sorry:

Watching one on flea bay at the minute so if it stays cheap might try that.

Otherwise i'll have to cover the abs light with toilet roll like the previous owner did:aggressive:

Well got it sorted

Don't know what i did but both lights are now out and abs controller is talking again

Just took fuses out and diconnected ecu and pluged back in!:rockwoot:

Showing a intermittent fault on right front sensor now though (changed left)

Think i'll leave it for the minute unless orange abs light comes on. Don't want to tempt fate:happy:

Cheers for your input :beerchug:

Most things that are 'puter related respond well to a reset!