Difference between revo stage 1 and 2

ash3435

flat out if in doubt
Reaction score
hi guys, i no this may seem a silly question but wot is the difference between stage 1 and 2 revo.before you say, i know you have to have the following:exhaust,fmic,filter.the only reason im asking is, i have stage 2 on my 2001 s3.my brother got stage 1 on his 2002 s3.we put them both side by side in third and went for it. if anything he pulled a little.ive got the select plus and have turned the boost up to 9, i get a spike of around 23-24psi and hold 20psi to 5000rpm.he hasn't got a fmic or dv relocation kit like me.i cant see the difference for all that money ive spent.ive looked on vagcom and my correction factors are around the 4 mark,thats because ive upped my timing to 6.can any1 please help

there could be a load of faults with your car for it to not be ahead of your Bro,are you running the same tyres/fuel ? are your cars equal in mileage ? way too many factors involved.

we both use 99 0ctain, how could tyres effect it?yes Ive been in both and they both have the same feel and boost to similar psi figures.his car has 10 to 15 thousand less.But y go stage 2 for no difference in performance.only difference in the bank figures.

Its a very good question!!

There is only about 20bhp extra in stage two though isn't there? Thats not much in real on road terms. I'd imagine your car is more torqey though?

Also, if you did it in very cold weather then i guess your FMIC won't be giving much extra advantage as the non FMIC car will have nice cold intake temps. Try the same test on a hot day!

Realistically, on an S3, after Stage1, there's very little gains to be had for the amount of money you are going to be spending. I would say go Stage1, then Hybrid Turbo(though not many S3 owners seem to have), then BIG Turbo is the third option for power gains.

been on the phone to revo today.the guy was very helpful, he said 24psi was to high for the turbo on my car and seemed to think running the boost on 9 was to high.he said to much boost is always not the best for performance.he thinks i should lower it and try to make my boost curve flatter.instead of having such a big spike on low revs and nothing near the red line.i should try and even it out.

I'm not sure how cleaver the AUdi management is, but on most turbo cars, if the mgt detects knock (pinking) it will ****** the ignition. Therefore if inlet temps are too high (i.e. overworked turbo/heat) then the gains from running more boost will be counter acted by the advance being held back by the mgt.

Someone who knows something may correct me lol, but that was what i've always been lead to believe