Correct fitment of N75J valve

g60smit

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i'm bit of a new boy on the forum and need a little help...please!
I have fitted a new N75 J upgrade from the old N75, however have experienced problems when driving hard at around 3000rpm as if there is no power, then blip the accelerator, then pulls again. I have read somewhere previously on here, that the N75J is fitted in the opposite way round to the standard N75? is this correct or am i talkin out of me ****?!:tapedshut: the electrical connector is pointing towards the engine block. any help or photo's would be appreciated.

See this image:

n75j.jpg

Its not that you fit it opposite, it's that the electrical connection is on the other side so it looks opposite. All the pipes still connect in the exact same places.

Also, knowing what engine it is would help...

thanks bud. it's an AMK. so I presume it's on the wrong way then. I just replaced as per the old one! doh!

Make sure the longer of the 3 pipes coming off the N75J is going into the TIP, and then work from the pic. Just spotted your a fellow Gloucestershire member, where abouts you from pal?

great mate, will go and check now. I am from Stroud. Owned the S3 for 3 years, and may be selling this weekend! Where you from?

Ha, I work in Stroud, but live in Dursley. Only a stone's throw away! What colour is she? Prob seen you about!

no way, i think i seen you last week at ryeford lights, however was in the wifes car! mines silver with private plate 'S3 ORNY'

Yeah, more than likely, I'm always about Stroud, work there, the little one lives there, as do a lot of mates so often about! Small world. If you still have problems then let me know, I've got VAG COM you could use if this still continues to be a problem.

ace, thanks welly! can't believe I put it the wrong way! doh! pulls lovely now, bar a small spot around 2500rpm. will check properly tomorrow on the way to work, and may take you up on the offer of vag com. thanks again!

thanks badger! i was thinkin of a remap soon and was comin to see you, however wife is pregnant again, and s3 may be going this weekend! very reluctanty, for a 'family car'....may be doin a deal with an a4 1.8T sport 163, so may require more oomph.....