EM TuningChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

Vent Gauge Pod DIY

Well, with the bad weather making me not want to head out into the cold ive been making a start on copying avent gauge pod i bought. Im doing this to either sell or change slightly to sit the gauge a little deeper into the pod.

The actual air vent cam with the expensive kit i bought but its just a standard item with the flaps removed... so im going to brave a scrap yard once the snow has buggered off.

what do you think of my progress so far??

Im going to cover it with fiberglass resin so ive made it a little smaller than the original
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    looks good so far, any more update photos ?

2nd Gear

Status
    i made one not quite as good as this but does the job, the thread is somewhere

2nd Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    looks good, hard to do ?

Petrol Head

Status
    I also made one a while back, but a bit different to you guys. I trimmed down the vent slats to fit nicely around the boost gauge that was sat in a pod holder thing, basically a plastic tube with a lip. So the gauge is merged into the slats. The bonus is that air can still pass through the vent around the gauge. Doesn't quite look as profesh as yours Paul but not bad. The slats obviously cant be adjusted any more but in summer your grateful that you've still got air pumping in!

Dont have any photos but i can always take some if your interested. I did get the idea after seeing a similar one on here though.
    2001 S3 Facelift | BOSE Symphony | Cruise Control | Full leather Recaro's | Xenons | Forge chrome DV | BMC CDA cool air induction | Miltek cat back exhaust | Vagtech Stage 2 remap | EBC Ulitmax discs | Goodrich hoses | Koni adjustables | Eibach Pro Line lowering springs | Blue Haldex Quattro ECU | 18" RS4 alloys | Toyo T1-S tyres | R32 anit rolls bars | H&R rear wheel spacers |

Pocket now empty

Status
    What do you make it out of?

Is it wood?

Looks brill.
    Revo Stage 2 with all the Gear
    BHP = 274 / Torque = 293

6th Gear

Status
    Mine is made from MDF then a few small spots of body filler to smooth any areas i couldnt work as well as i wanted.
    Then a sealed it an and finished the surface by using fiber glass resin . Smoothed and painted with textured spray i got from a mate at BMW.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

4th Gear

Status
    I have done the same from a shoe box! not as pro but only took me an hour so happy days, with a bit of leather glued on top to finish it off. I am making it out of fiberglass this time, I ordered some on the bay but the seller never sent it!!
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1