S3 rear wiper upgrade - options

svensktoppen

Reaction score
Looking for a rear wiper upgrade for the S3 (8L), something nicer than OEM. Tried a set for a Fabia but they are too long and catch the spoiler.

Does anyone know of an option that works?

Thanks

P.S.
Yes, I tried searching first ;)

polo rear wiper and tourag? blade.....slightly longer blade than the polo's and will give you a rear aero wiper which looks loads better than OEM

P.S.
Yes, I tried searching first ;)

The 'search' function isn't working properly with the current forum upgrade.

polo rear wiper and tourag? blade.....slightly longer blade than the polo's and will give you a rear aero wiper which looks loads better than OEM

This is the results of the above.

Standard
130-3089_IMG.jpg

Polo Arm and Touran Blade
130-3090_IMG.jpg

Don't ask me how much, I paid a fiver off another member who dewipered his rear end. :)

is the wiper arm off a mk4/5 polo, looks similar to what i been looking at?

cheers, need new wiper blade anyway so might aswell tidy it up a bit too

Or really tidy it up and delete the wiper:) If you don't get to clean your car that much then this is not the best thing for you lol

PC201037-1.jpg

Yes tinted red or pink lol They were more red but because i clean it often they've turned pink, i'll be doing them properly this year:)

that looks sweet man, but im only looking for a cheapo upgrade so polo wiper it is!!

your car is exceptionally clean, apart from snow on roff it looks like it just come out the showroom!!

I wish I could wash my car at the minute....its just caked in road crap and salt :(

I'll be doing the polo arm trick when the weathers better and my rear wash wipes thawed out :)

Got the Mk5 Polo on mine and it tidys the back end up alot :).

Is the lcr rear wiper the same? Its just ive bought one off someone on SCN and looks the exact same as jojo's!

Covered loads mate, westle's posted it a few times, just type in aero wipers in search and itll bring up a thread with the fronts and rears in.

I finally picked up my aero wipers yesterday as I'm getting a new windscreen fitted on Thursday. I had to order all the parts through VW as audi said their database doesn't do VW part numbers. Both front arms and blades with caps, and rear wiper arm and blade came to £130! Ouch!

I'm off to fit them now.

Here are all the part numbers:

front arms:
W1J2 955 410 D
W1J2 955 409 D

front blades:
W1J2 955 425 B
W1J2 955 426 B

front wiper arm cap X2:
W1J0 955 205 A9 B9

rear arm:
W6Q6 955 707 C

rear arm cap:
W6Q6 955 435 D

rear blade:
W7E0 955 425

I finished fitting my aero wipers and it turned out to be the most annoying thing I've done on the car ever! And that includes being more annoying than changing the thermostat!!!The rear one came off fairly easy but the fronts were a mare. I put WD40 on the spindles for 30 mins to let it soak in and hopefully free them up. The drivers side arm was easier as I could get a good grip on it from leaning over the drivers side arch. The passenger side took a lot of anger and that was after I cracked the plastic surrounding the spindle using a spanner to try and lever off the arm, arrrrrrrhhhhh.I also made the mistake of taking off the blades and then I accidentally let the wiper arm ping onto the windscreen sending 4 cracks up the screen! Good job I was getting it changed on Thursday, and a good job i did this before I had the new screen or i'd be claiming again!

should have waited mate, when they change the window they will remove the wipers for ya

They have to, to remove the scuttle panel:)

front arms:
W1J2 955 410 D
W1J2 955 409 D

front blades:
W1J2 955 425 B
W1J2 955 426 B

front wiper arm cap X2:
W1J0 955 205 A9 B9

rear arm:
W6Q6 955 707 C

rear arm cap:
W6Q6 955 435 D

rear blade:
W7E0 955 425

Are the front arms the Polo or Golf ones as I have fitted the Mk.4 Golf ones and the passenger blade rubs on the trim on the side of the screen and I remember someone previously posting up that I should have used the Polo one. Which one have people on here fitted?

Thanks all,

The bits below are VW then, right? Polo rear, and Golf front?

Does anyone have a picture with before/after doing the front wipers?

Cheers,

front arms:
W1J2 955 410 D
W1J2 955 409 D

front blades:
W1J2 955 425 B
W1J2 955 426 B

front wiper arm cap X2:
W1J0 955 205 A9 B9

rear arm:
W6Q6 955 707 C

rear arm cap:
W6Q6 955 435 D

rear blade:
W7E0 955 425

They are much better than the standard wipers. More silent and clear the screen better.

But they are crap at over 70mph!<apparently>
Oh and by the way mine dont rub on the window frame like someone mentioned above.

This only happens if you put the driver side and passenger wiper arms the wrong way round.

cheers Joe.... how can i adjust it? the blade sits on the arm...i positioned the arm so it was straight against the bottom of the glass..what else can i do?
#
and yes it judders rather than scrapes

cheers Joe.... how can i adjust it? the blade sits on the arm...i positioned the arm so it was straight against the bottom of the glass..what else can i do?
#

Apart from a bit of force twisting, I'm not too sure. Mine doesn't judder on my screen.

It might judder because there is not enough pressure on the blades. I got some aero blades for the front and they both juddered, I then bent the end of the arms a bit to create more preasure and the juddering stopped.

#

just get an adjustable spanner or pliers or hands etc and twist the arm. imagine looking at the end of the arm at the wiper blade end, you need to twist it clockwise and/or anticlockwise. it is a bit trial and error, try the wipers again until the juddering stops.

The 'search' function isn't working properly with the current forum upgrade.

This is the results of the above.

Standard
130-3089_IMG.jpg

Polo Arm and Touran Blade
130-3090_IMG.jpg

Don't ask me how much, I paid a fiver off another member who dewipered his rear end. :)

Sorry to being up an old thread but is the wiper blade in the bottom pic off a Touran or Touareg?

The blade is from a touran - the arm is from a polo.

Nice cheap mod and improves rear end aesthetics. Much more modern :)

Unfortunately when I used the search I never noticed it came up in he 8L section it's actually the 8P I was meaning to find a better rear wiper set up for 😳