Sky InsuranceBadger5
    4th Gear

Status

Santa Pod Sunday 24th (Run What Ya Brung)

Hi everyone here is what I have found, Run What Ya Brung (Santa pod) on January the 24th and was wondering if any of you are planning to go down. I will do my best not to miss it, as I really want to see what I can do, I am hoping for sub 14 sec, anything less would be a bonus.

Share your thoughts and if it is enough of us we could drive down as a convoy...

If all goes well, we could post our results on here later on.

Check their site for more info and prices... http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

2. # ADS
    ADS

Alex

Status
    I'd be up for this if depending on the weather, lovely dense air though.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

4th Gear

Status
    Let's put the quattro through some use..
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    have you had the mailshot/calendar from Santa Pod through the post too?
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    have you had the mailshot/calendar from Santa Pod through the post too?
    nice shot by shot of an accident on the front of the calendar huh?

i could be good for this, depending on the car and weather of course, any idea how much it is?

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    yup nice but unexpected......

im not gonna make to this one im afraid, gonna try and attend a camp over sometime @ pod later in the year
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Alex

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    nice shot by shot of an accident on the front of the calendar huh?

i could be good for this, depending on the car and weather of course, any idea how much it is?
    10 entry 25 to race.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

1st Gear

Status
    I would love to come but I live in Durham and only really go to USC in august!

NW@R
    www.nedetailing.co.uk

CaRs GoNe:
    Focus 1.6 standard engine .... huge sounds!! ( www.bassmechanix.com )
    Focus RS 383.4bhp + 378 ft/lb torque .... Weapon!!
    Now ... S3 in bits at the min, but will soon be back!!!

4th Gear

Status
    It is a safe way way to find out what the cars can do, rather than risking it on public roads and for me it's worth spending that 100 all in including cost of petrol and travel... The bad weather could cause some probs but we'll wait and see...

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    Would quite like to come but I don't know if it'd even be worth doing the nearly 300 mile round trip with a 1.6. Hardly awesome acceleration :D
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

4th Gear

Status
    It might not be worth it for you, AarOn, but I will have to travel nearly 200 mile round trip as well, just want to try it out, hopefuly get a good time and improve the car for GTi run in April.. you only live once..

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Santa Pod isn't too far from me but I've got a few bits to do on the car before I drag it. I'm hoping to make it to the pod a bit later in the year. My Nurburgring trip in June is my priority
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Will be quite a busy day guys IMO. First one of the year (as the 17th is cancelled). There's about 15 of us going from the Mk5 Forum going and a load of 8P S3's too.. Oh and expect some quick times as well as there's some quick motors going. Possibly a Mk5 Ed30 in the 11's too..

4th Gear

Status
    Nice at least the 8P and the GTi lot are coming... lets see if anyone from the 8L people is going to be bothered from here.. if it satys cold we should see some good times.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I'm a fair weather Santa pod person. In this weather nobody will want to get out of their cars.

For those that do go, get some pics.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Pat
    3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah im hoping to get some times too.. should be a good day weather permitting

2002 S3, Project 400, New Build In Progress, I.E 2.0 stoker kit, Big Port AGU Head, Ferrea Valves retainers, springs etc, GT30 compact, Pagparts Manifold, AH Front Mount Version 2, Genesis 550cc Injectors, 044 Fuel pump in I.E Surge Tank, Revo Stage 3 Software, Porsche Brakes, work in progress

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    I might head along to this one to see how the lowest powered IHI in the country with the worlds worst tyres fairs.

(I'm just getting in the excuses now :-))

5th Gear

Status
    i should know by next weekend if im going for defo or not, just need a few things straightening out on the old girl first

4th Gear

Status
    Next sunday is only 8 days away, I am heading out around 7am and should be there by 9am so can get some times, bright and early, before most will turn up in the later hours.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3KO4 View Post
    Next sunday is only 8 days away
    lol good point, i didnt realise that!
    dam, i need 4 wheel alignment/geometery setup before i do anything like this

5th Gear

Status
    giant balls!!!

wont be able to make this now not because of the above but because today i noticed one of my front tyres has got a rather large bulge in it, suspect hitting a pothole is the cause

maybe next time

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    lol good point, i didnt realise that!
    dam, i need 4 wheel alignment/geometery setup before i do anything like this
    Naa, just hang on tight to the steering wheel.

Smell my finger.

Status
    I can only put up wth the pod in the summer, in winter its just too dull and boring for me

Plus brings back bad memories of blowing my bug up!.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

4th Gear

Status
    Ok guys, What rpm shall I take off? is it harsh on the clutch? what RPM shall I shift gears? my peak boost is 3-4K and would I reach 5th gear by the finish? any help would be kind.

Alex

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3KO4 View Post
    Ok guys, What rpm shall I take off? is it harsh on the clutch? what RPM shall I shift gears? my peak boost is 3-4K and would I reach 5th gear by the finish? any help would be kind.
    The best way is to probably just practice your launches on the road at junctions n traffic lights, change gear at about 5500 I think (correct me if im wrong), I don't think you'll get to 5th by the finish, probably halfway through 4th.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

Alex

Status
    I unfortunately can't make it now as I have football in the morning and won't be able to get to the pod until about 4ish so won't be much point. Maybe next time.
    Have fun to whoever goes and don't break anything.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

4th Gear

Status
    Had a lovely time at Santa pod today, I had a total run of 11 times today. It was one of the best experiences I had. I have some video I shall put them up on YouTube later, for all to check it out. I must say there were lots of TT cars around, two of which destroyed me at the 1/4 mile. Overall well worth it, if you go once a year. The track was so slippery that I used to get all four wheels spinning, a few times heard tyres squeaks at even 3rd gears.

Pat
    3rd Gear

Status
    I was also there, quite happy with timess.. 13.7

2002 S3, Project 400, New Build In Progress, I.E 2.0 stoker kit, Big Port AGU Head, Ferrea Valves retainers, springs etc, GT30 compact, Pagparts Manifold, AH Front Mount Version 2, Genesis 550cc Injectors, 044 Fuel pump in I.E Surge Tank, Revo Stage 3 Software, Porsche Brakes, work in progress

4th Gear

Status
    yes I think we spoke to you, where you showed us the engine bay, good time, I got 14.3 quite happy as I am runing KO4 with revo.

4th Gear

Status
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekaGO0Hlj2U please check the comments as this has almost twice the power of mine and much lighter car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVgxRDiPHxk again have a look at the video info, the A3 managed a 14.1 at the end of later runs as he was warming up his tyres more.