Starting in the cold?

Danny Cawsey

Cawsey
Reaction score
is anyone having trouble starting there s3 on the cold weather?
mine doesnt really want to turn over as if the battery is flat, then after turning the ignition on and off a couple times she starts
any ideas?
feels like the starter motor is seized up of frozen could this be posible?
cheers.

Perhaps the battery is alittle low. Mine sounds like it abit but starts immediately. It has been standing a while though as i've using the discovery in this snow!

Battery could be on its way out. the birds TT has always turned over a bit slower than my car...this weather finally saw it die for good. New batter sorted it right out.

Have the same issue it's defintely the battery..

Mine just seems to take a little bit to start, always the first time but sometimes struggles a tad.

cheers guys i had a feeling it might be the battery, i think ill get a voltage check in the morning, and get a new 1 if its on its way out.
off the subject, ive just recently had a forge 007p dv, piperx filter and a remap all done by AMD but thinking about getting a full system, any ideas how much it would cost for manifold downpipe, high flow cat and cat back?

Cold cranking is this weather is hard work for a battery, all the protons and neutrons are huddled in the corner trying to keep warm.