EM TuningChris Nott
    4th Gear

Status

Question Audi S3 oil how much?

cant get the hang of the new search function, i have tried to search the audi S3 8L Threads but no joy!

Just needed to know how much oil do i need if i change the oil filter and top it up? I have 4litres, will this suffice. Cant find shell helix ultra 1litre 5w-30 anywhere today!
    Cheers
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    can i add to this as i need some oil but know fook all !

what oil is best?

and where is cheapest to get it from

2nd Gear

Status

Status
    I always get mine from GSF - Fuchs (which is what they use at the VAG factory). Semi synth 24 for 5L. What's going on with all the high street oil only coming in 4L these days? Mobil 1 ESP 47 for 4L and you need 2! total scam.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

6th Gear

Status
    What mileage has your car done campbell?
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

1st Gear

Status
    4.6 litres are required and the only oil i would advise is mobil.
    S3, 4 wheels, magical B8's, Eibach, Pipewerx equipped, glass windows, metal engine, silver paint.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    I always get mine from GSF - Fuchs (which is what they use at the VAG factory). Semi synth 24 for 5L. What's going on with all the high street oil only coming in 4L these days? Mobil 1 ESP 47 for 4L and you need 2! total scam.
    I get mine from GSF also, FUCHS Titan Supersyn 5w40... last lot cost me 15 + the filter and I change it every 5 or 6k miles... I normally buy and extra for top ups and such which lasts me 2 or 3 changes...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

4th Gear

Status
    my S3 has done 80k miles, i have used shell helix ultra 5w-30 since i owned the car as someone on here recommended it. Didnt realise the fuchs oil were so cheap!
    Im planning on a doing a full service tomorrow, do you think i can use 4 litres or will it need more to top the system up again?
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

4th Gear

Status
    my S3 has done 80k miles, i have used shell helix ultra 5w-30 since i owned the car as someone on here recommended it. Didnt realise the fuchs oil were so cheap!
    Im planning on a doing a full service tomorrow, do you think i can use 4 litres or will it need more to top the system up again?

6th Gear

Status
    4ltr's won't be enough bud, many use 5w40 or 10w40 and do frequent changes, 5w30 is recommended but its longlife, a little thinner at full temp

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    For the price its worth having an extra one as S3's do use a little oil and as I said, it should last you a few oil changes....

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Is 5w-40 ok for 10-12k changes?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Works for me....

<tuffty/>

Alex

Status
    I used high performance silkolene from work last time I done an oil change, my boss was out at the time . I think it was 0w30 or 5w30 cant remember.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon S3 View Post
    I used high performance silkolene from work last time I done an oil change, my boss was out at the time . I think it was 0w30 or 5w30 cant remember.
    Bit too thin for my liking especially on a car with mileage and or a victim of Audi's variable servicing...

<tuffty/>

Status
    So your saying yeah paul?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    IMO, yes... however... I change mine every 5/6k now as the Fuchs oil is cheap enough to warrant the benefits of doing this... my car was subjected to AVS and I feel she deserves it after that... 20 and an hour of my time is a small price to pay for the benefits of changing the oil and filter every 6k....

<tuffty/>

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Bit too thin for my liking especially on a car with mileage and or a victim of Audi's variable servicing...

<tuffty/>
    Agree! S3's using 5w30 longlife will probably find they top up more frequently than an S3 using 0w40, 5w40 or 10w40.

Tuffty what would you say to 5w50? just been having a look at this :
    http://www.mobil.com/Australia-Engli...bil1_5W-50.asp

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I would say you would have to run your car very hot to make the stuff flow round your engine which is why it appears to be called the 'Rally Formula'

Try this for some info...

http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html

5w40 is about as thick as you need for a road going performance car, 5w30 if the engine is in good nick or you have and oil cooler.... IMO of course...

<tuffty/>
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 8th January 2010 at 20:06.

Status
    Well mine eats 5w-30.

Thanks paul.

4th Gear

Status
    Off the GSF website:

98085A FUCHS SUPERSYN 5W40 OIL 4L MOST APPLICATIONS - GENERAL USE-FULLY SYNTHETIC(NOT FOR PD ENGINES) 16.50

Is this the right stuff? Cheers