Custom Paint (Bumpers)

StephenBogan

Reaction score
After looking into the RS4 bumper, which I think is the berries (respect Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) I couldn't convince my self into spending all that cash on the bumper, the mesh, the P&P and then fitting and painting!

So I went for the much cheaper option (and no its not because I'm Scottish). Painting the grey section of the front bumper. Has worked really well! Appears much deaper now.

When it was in I had the grey section of the rear bumper lacquered which has came up a treat! Could never get the grey shiney enough, but can now!

Grey side strips are next on the list for the lacquered effect, mud flaps fitted first, to prevent stone chips and into the paint shop next week!

Let me know what you think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers,

Stevie

Looking good Steve! Really like the effect it has on the rear!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
macca666 said:
Steve,

looks really good. Just curious to know why you've not colour coded the rear bumper ?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, it would look silly. The panel breaks it up a bit and looks good like that i think.

Rich

IMO, it would look silly. The panel breaks it up a bit and looks good like that i think.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Each to their own. Personally thought it would look good myself though not seen it done. I tend to like the fully colour coded look though. Just a preference.

Agreed, looks very nice, and must look nice as you appear in peoples rear view mirrors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not sure about the twin pipes tho', but look very well installed.

Love the effect on the rear bumper.

Can post some more pic's but from a bit further away to give perspective?

Well, the extra weight is counter ballanced by the weight lossed when I chopped the rear bumper to death! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

... oh the banter.... how we love the good el glasgae banter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Sorry David, when you refer to extra weight do you mean of the paint? Or the extra tail pipe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ScotSTHREE said:
Sorry David, when you refer to extra weight do you mean of the paint? Or the extra tail pipe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ha, ha.

Ahh, its alright the Ecotek will bring the fuel econ back up anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

You not got any sick patients?

Just me, following a 5am drinking session...

PS, your sig still says "Vale" rather than Valve...

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Just me, following a 5am drinking session...

PS, your sig still says "Vale" rather than Valve...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, it was one I had them make me special. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Stevie