H & R springs?

OllieH

Reaction score
Hi, tried searching but brings back nothing. How good are these lowering springs? Do they improve the suspension alot, or is full coilovers required for this? Opinions please. Am I also right in thinking there is no camber adjustment on the S3? I have seen adjustable rear arms for sale, but have not seen anything for the fronts?? This is something I will want to sort out when I get an S3 as I'm used to the suspension on a type R.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Yeah as mentioned the H&R's are a really good choice but best matched with a set of uprated dampers.

The S3 has camber adjustment at the front but for the rear you'll need a set of adjustable tie bars.

Give me a shout if I can be anymore help or if you'd like any prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

The H&R seem to be the recommended on here, but also is recommended that you dont just put new springs on standard dampeners as it leads to a crap ride quality, also if you drop the car more than 15mm you will need the rear tie bars to save wearing out tyres!

Check out the stickies chriS3 did a great write up! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?56875-S3-Suspension-and-Set-up-Guide/page2

Sorry i disagree bud, i've lowered mine on KW 25mm rear, tyre wear is even and i've had a few sets of wheels on lol

I'd recommend tie bars if you start getting uneven wear, why change something if it doesn't cause an issue