S3 all the way Baby

Status

Turbo Timer

Any one got a turbo timer in there S3,if so what make

2. # ADS
    ADS

needs to scratch the itch

Status
    I'd save your money mate and just drive off boost for a while as your journey ends, i also sit ticking over for a minute or two when i pull up just to let things cool down a bit. Plus the S3 has an after run pump which continues to pump water around for a bit after you switch off.

e2a: Welcome to the site BTW

6th Gear

Status
    My turbo timer is...
    Me leaving the car running while i fit disc lock and remove stereo front. After driving steady for about 5 miles after any spirited driving.
    Realy though... i have one on the skyline, but its built into the cliford alarm
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

2nd Gear

Status
    I think the ones built into the car alarm are best, also with remote start. That way you can start the car up while you are getting ready to leave for work so it will be warm when you start to drive it. And then you can leave it running when you have finished your journey.

1st Gear

Status
    All s3's have a electric pump which keeps the coolant pumping around the car for a while after the engine is switched off. Described on some Audi spec websites as Turbo timer.
    Put your ear to the front left of your car (Bumper) after you have switched the car off you will hear the pump.
    The Ko4 Turbo is water cooled so when your engine is off your electric pump is running then the water is pumped round the turbo cooling it.
    Nogaro Blue 2001 S3 Quattro, Cream leather interior. Miltek Cat back, Induction kit, KO4 Hybrid Turbo, Chipped Remap, Power Boost Valve, Forge RC DV, Compbrake Racing 4 Pot Calipers with 2piece 350x32mm Conversion Front, 2 piece 330x20mm Compbrake Conversion on Back, Discs are Powervane Racing Rotors Gas slotted and internally veined. Hawk Hps Pads, Goodridge Braided lines to Calipers. Bose Symphony sound system. Compbrake Quickshift and side shift. Big thanks to www.Vagperformance.co.uk

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I was under the impression that turbo timers were illegal in this country because if the plod pull you over and ask you to stop your engine you cant until the timer runs down!? Also i'm sure your not meant to leave a car running unattended, but i'm not sure.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westle View Post
    I was under the impression that turbo timers were illegal in this country because if the plod pull you over and ask you to stop your engine you cant until the timer runs down!? Also i'm sure your not meant to leave a car running unattended, but i'm not sure.
    as soon as you press the throttle with the keys out the engine cuts out, so if the plod want it stopped you can stop it. when its unattended if anyone smashes a window and jumps in once again it will just cut out as soon as they touch the throttle.

this is my understanding anyway, ive never had one but a mate with an ibiza cupra had one

5th Gear

Status
    Waste of time and money in an S3!
    AUTOMAP
    Mobile ECU Remapping Services

automap.remapping@gmail.com
    www.eliteremaps.com