Timing belt size for removing air con?

ricko

Reaction score
am planing on removing the air con for good, does anybody know what timing belt i can use to take up the slack?

i found out myself:idea: got the part number and everything, so if you want to remove your air con you can find out for your ****** self:noway:. now am taking my ball and going home:p

oh, and for everyone else....

without aircon, the belt is p/n 06A145933D (1120mm)
and with aircon, the belt is p/n 06A260849E (double sided)

where was you yesterday, that could have saved me alot of time lol. by the vee belt do you mean the secondary belt that drives the power steering aswell?

why would you want to remove your aircon system matey?
well firstly i don't like air con and second i was think about making the car as light as possible but still useable. i can't afford to go big bhp figure's, so was thinking it could be a cheaper way togo faster

Aircon has about the same power consumption as the effect of driving along with all your windows open - and i bet you can't notice the difference with that. I wouldnt bother devaluing your car if I were you

Just seems a shame to rip it out for no gain. The weight saved will be so minimal it'll make no difference. but it does mean your screen will take ages to defrost, and you'll get incredibly hot in summer!

i take your points onboard but your all wrong and i am right lol. its just an idea at the moment, am going to look into it abit before ripping it out if i do