Wheel suggestions for Dolphin Grey S3

vanilla_ice

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of treating my S3 to some new 18" wheels. Currently I have some old style RSTT which I do like, but have been curbed so am using it as an excuse to change.

Currently considering:

18" Avus replica's
18" BBS RC's - I beleive the Golf MKIV Anniversary came with them
18" BBS CH's

I'm would prefer to stick with an OEM look. Can anyone else give any suggestion of other styles of wheel to consider? Pics and trusted suppliers would be great too.

I have been looking at classifieds on a-s.net, tt-forum, uk-mkivs.net and ebay, but haven't had much luck.

Thanks,

ICE

if money's not an option i'd go with a set of MTMs. They look the business.

Fat fives might look quite nice, not sure of their proper name but they're a VW wheel I think.

T

I'll have a look for a pic I think I have of an RS4 on fat fives, looks quality. Should be able to get some for that budget I'd have though.

If you're after BBS rims etc just go for replicas as £450 wont get any of the ones you want.

Black might look quite moody on a dolphin grey :)

Glad I got my Avus reps when I did. (Best looking wheel for an S3 IMO) They are hard to find nowadays and were £440 without tyres back in 2008.

DSC00554.jpg

I plan to get mine resprayed gunmetal at some point later this year. (If any one can do a mock-up in photoshop I'd be well happy)

18'' avus for me to on dolphin grey think they look awsome, agree with maz to a point but doubt they would suit my imola as well

Hi Maz,

Nice looking car you've got there. I dont think darker coloured alloys will suit dolphin grey personally. The silver helps break up the grey.

Would you mind telling me where you got your alloys from?

Thanks,

ICE

Thanks, I know what you mean but I've seen a daytona grey RS6 with the same colour rims and I thought it worked rather well. Might have to bite the bullet and just go for it.

I got mine from http://www.elitedirect.com/index.html

Thanks Maz,

I see they are not listed on their website. I will give them a call.

Would you happen to know the weight of the wheels? Don't worry if not, not a major concern.