S3 Headlamps on an A3?

abkperformance

Reaction score
Hi I'm New, and this may be a stupid question but I've just bought a '98 A3 1.8T and am wondering if you can put the S3 headlights on it?

Thanks

Adam

Theyre the same headlights mate. Do you just mean the facelift ones where they are all one piece rather than two ? It is possible but you have to cut away a section of the inner wing and fabricate new wiring for them. It aint worth fitting xenons if you havent got them already. Too much stuff involved in my opinion - washers , self leveling attatched to the suspension ......

no not the one piece ones instead of the 2 piece ones just the 2 piece S3 ones with round circle bit inside the headlamp?

The headlight washers and levelling is, in theory, a legalaity...however, its not enforced! I've had a HID kit in my A3 for the last 6 months with no problems... never been 'flashed' for blinding anyone, never been pulled over, .etc It really isnt a problem. To be honest 90% of police probably would know the law on headlights anyway! As for MOT, speak to the MOT centre and see what exactly they test...if it just th beam apptern then your fine! Mine are retrofit H7 kit so i can take them out and replace the bulbs in about 10 minutes

Rich