Chris NottAH Fabrications
    ZoomZoom

Status

Watch Out For Ice!

Had a hairy moment this morning where the car was going side ways into some1 else

Got out of it ok but wasnt fun

Take it easy
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jimmeh on Facebook
    If you're not expecting it, then no, It's never good. I am mighty impressed so far though with the Quattro system on the A4.

Reading the road well ahead and being extra cautious about other drivers is key at the minute. I'm barely touching the middle pedal either.. down-changing early to allow engine braking brings me to a hault without the drama.
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport.
    WhiteDetails.co.uk - Facebook? Follow me!

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Haha!

I can relate to this. I almost put my dads sporttrak on its roof last night after hitting ice inder snow, rather strange as rather than the front or back drifting, the jeep just seemed to rotate without warning!

Steered into it & nothing happened till it gripped tarmac again then fishtailed a few times till i got it under control again, by which time i was on the wrong side of the road & almost on the verge! Thankfully nothing coming the other way too...

Funny thing was the only thing going through my head was "How do i tell dad I've totalled his toy???"
    ...... Now this one's MUCH better!...

My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi

Status
    I ended up doing a involuntary 180 deg spin at the top of my road last night!

thats me

Status
    I put mine side ways on purpose yesterday
    red to red black to black blue to bits

ZoomZoom

Status
    Just took me 2 1/2 hours to drive 5miles home, work closed early and was like over a thousand people using a small road, but so glad 4 the quattro was nice and easy along the roads. Seen loads of fwd cars just spining all over the place
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

5th Gear

Status
    ESP off, dab of handbrake on every slow corner, opposite lock and power. Awesome!

Tyres are terrible in ice and snow though, good job its 4wd as it only just copes! Been commuting in the Discovery for the last few weeks though. Couldn't even get the Audi off the drive the other day, Disco just drove like it was a wet day!
    AUTOMAP
    Mobile ECU Remapping Services

automap.remapping@gmail.com
    www.eliteremaps.com

Neutral

Status
    no such luck for me today, my farm road had 2 ft drift this morning so decided to try the other farm track.
    Got half way up and got stuck in about 1ft of snow. Managed to get moving again but ended up sliding into ditch. Farmer came and pulled me out but had to get dragged thru a field.

Result now have a wrecked front bumper and 2 broken indicators, not sure about mechanical damage.
    BMW 123d M-sport

S3 Gone
    Lotus Elise SC
    Seat Ibiza GTI

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottynic View Post
    no such luck for me today, my farm road had 2 ft drift this morning so decided to try the other farm track.
    Got half way up and got stuck in about 1ft of snow. Managed to get moving again but ended up sliding into ditch. Farmer came and pulled me out but had to get dragged thru a field.

Result now have a wrecked front bumper and 2 broken indicators, not sure about mechanical damage.
    i dunno about you, but i'd be in tears....

*sigh* bad luck. snow sounds like it sux, but i wouldnt know... i might go down the beach tonight...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I'm going back to 4wd I think, was dong 5mph turning into my road nght before, next minute tapped brake & car just carried on forward, handbrake aswell, nothing stopped me, luckily was going very slow or would have fecked the car, no damage just fence broken luckily, but shat myself anyway as thought here we go big bill, phewwwwwwww

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    i park on a hill that nobody else can get on due to the snow (at work), when the snow was falling on tues morn i decided to turn it around there and then whilst the snow was still soft, absolutely crapped myself as the car started sliding side ways down this hill, only went about a foot luckily but was enough for me to think twice about using it :D
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jimmeh on Facebook
    I've just dropped the Avant off at the garage for suspected cambelt pulley.. walking back and watching the slips, slides and skids kinda makes you feel a bit vunerable as a pedestrian. 3 car convoy as I was approaching garage, a loong left hander; van infront of me swung riiight round into on-coming traffic (missing an on-coming polo by feet..), I slipped a little bit and then the Clio behind me did too.

5 car pile-up at the top of my road. Gritters weren't out last night. Ooh dear. Someones in trouble!

Found a damsel in distress near my house.. her drive had a fair incline up to the main road (which was still reasonably slippy..) and her Mk6 Golf was struggling to make it to the top. On my approach (as she has to pass over the footpath to get to the road..) I chased her down her drive as she rolled back for another attempt, told her to "wait", and, on my signal get a run-up and head straight out rather than having to chance sliding into it as I could see her doing.. Was quite funny tbh. "go go go".

Take.it.easy out there.

(...I just hope the mechanics that road test my car are sensible enough!)
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport.
    WhiteDetails.co.uk - Facebook? Follow me!

A3 Fan

Status
    Managed to get all the way home from work in the snow, having had a few close calls. Thought I'd better put her in the garage, then slid sideways at the last moment and stuffed up the passenger side front wing straight into the garage door pillar. Was in tears, missus in stiches!!

Quantum Quattro

Status
    Was following my mate's V6 4 motion last night and gave her a mild acceleration to catch up with him hoping the traction would kick in only to find myself spinning out of control, 360 and fortunately tapping into a curb with no real damage except confirmation that my 4 wheel drive system doesn't work.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewstrick View Post
    i dunno about you, but i'd be in tears....

*sigh* bad luck. snow sounds like it sux, but i wouldnt know... i might go down the beach tonight...
    I wasnt too bothered at the time, maybe the cold had frozen my brain. When I got back to my house I was gutted. I wasnt hurt and I suppose thats the main thing!

I just have to make do with the wifes impreza STI for the next few days
    BMW 123d M-sport

S3 Gone
    Lotus Elise SC
    Seat Ibiza GTI

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    how does the impreza cope in comparison?
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    how does the impreza cope in comparison?
    Its kind of strange in the snow. It seems more sure footed and is more difficult to get sideways but i think this is cos I have the C-dff set to auto so its always correcting for me. I did get it spinning in 6th last night by accident in the fast lane of a dual carriageway which was a little scary obviously i never meant it. I would say it slightly better but also more unpredictable due to more power plus it sound amazing!!!
    BMW 123d M-sport

S3 Gone
    Lotus Elise SC
    Seat Ibiza GTI

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Wow, The snow isnt that bad down here but theres alot of ice! Slid sideways a little by mistake and managed to correct myself just before hitting i high kurb :s. Mighty fun in the carpark tho ...But im not sure if my Quattro's working so i will have to plug her in sometime this week.
    Take care people!

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09