Anyone had this odd one ?

Effect

Reaction score
Cold weather passenger door wont open from outside, works fine from inside and also once the car has warmed up a little.

Drivers door seems to be so far unaffected although It will be fun when the windows are frozen and both doors are affected lol.

James

yes i had this problem with both doors! they wouldnt open from the outside, so i had to climb thru the boot to open them! not funny when its 5am and youve just finished 13 hours at work, luckily the weather got warmer!

well I am hoping that if it happens to both doors I will be able to unfreeze the windows and wind those down then, just open the door from the inside. :)

I have a problem with the passenger door not wanting to shut on an A3. ****** thing. It's parked on my drive at the moment and couldn't shut it after opening. Had to warm it up with a blow torch before it would work again!

Global warming isn't working, we all need to try harder!!

Yep same problem but drivers door. I thought it was the seals sticking at first but is not.

The mechcanism freezes inside the door, and you can only open the door from the inside.

Ive had the opposite, opened the passeneger door other week and it froze open, the door latch wouldnt click so when i closed the door it just bounced straight back, had to wait for it to defrost.

Ive had the opposite, opened the passeneger door other week and it froze open, the door latch wouldnt click so when i closed the door it just bounced straight back, had to wait for it to defrost.

Same with me dude, that was what the blowtorch was for....

The passenger door didn't open from the outside on mine, the grease that had been used on the door latch mechanism had got too viscous in the cold weather. Cleaned it off and oiled it with WD40, and it has been fine since.