Phone mounting

pwnorman

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Whats the best thing to hold my phone in,going to get sony bluetooth thing so just want to hold phone but dont want anything stuck on windscreen and no holes in dash.Phone is 6310.

Advise you not to get the Sony Bluetooth vs the Nokia - The Nokia kit works much better with a Nokia phone - you may or may not get inteference with the Sony - i notice you live in north yorkshire - do you mind me asking how much your paying for the kit (fitted)? If your anywhere near Harrogate let me know.

Hi -The full Nokia kit uses a no-holes bracket, that slots very neatly into the stereo mounting - no damage at all or holes anywhere and very stable - that way you get the full hands free, the stereo muting, the phone being charged, the lot.. Windscreen mount aerial (Tax disc type or very discreet 'T' bar) is I believe entirely optional, though it does improve the signal, especially where the 6310 has a proper connection on the rear for the carkit to use said external aerial! Ive just changed mine for the 6230 handset and kit - you might want to bear that in mind, because the newer kits like the 6230 have interchangeable cradles, so if you change the phone you just change the cradle not the whole kit.. much better long term sense! I do about 30k a year, use the phone a lot, and while I had bluetooth (Several types) for ages, I wouldnt go back to it now.. but always, get the phone audio routed through the stereo speakers rather thatn the little tinny phone kit speakers they offer.. MUCH better results! any competent phone/audio place should be able to help you.. or grab a kit off ebay, do it yourself and save a packet! Regards..

You're going to get a bluetooth kit so why do you need a phone mount... you just keep it in your pocket!

If you want it on display in front of you, you'd be better going for a normal hardwired car kit.

Sorry been a bit thick my phone is 6230. Smudge i dont realy know the price because im getting my cousin todo on the cheap think i might aswell go for nokia kit seeing it leaves no holes anywhere.

£150 fitted - and the performance is excellent - Turn the ingition on and my mobile is pared automatically - I had a cradle in my old car but found that this got in the way of tall peoples Knees - and it looked rubbish -