AGU engine question

Mattfaced

Reaction score
Does my engine have and egr valve?? or is it only the later models? Also does any one know if the n75j valve would help on my chipped agu?

MATT IS the n75 a boost valve im interested in this too i have a remapped agu and would like more power , is this what i need ,how much more power are we talking mate my car should be running 195hp or there about

Yeah mine was holding 16psi of boost after the chip, the n75j has real benifits for the higher boost pressure, found this after a quick search on google.

"The N75J is part of the system that determines how much boost is held by the diverter valve. Often when you add a chip to a 1.8t powered VW, the increased boost needs a little more control to be smooth. The N75J not only lets the boost peak a little higher, but it also helps get rid of surging"

Also there is some info on dyno testing with the n75j and gave better boost controll and more power.
I want to fit one, but need to know if anyone else has had success with the n75j on an agu engine?

And is there an egr valve on the agu?

Just read this
"not worth n75j on an agu by all acounts as the k03 turbo once mapped is maxed out so there are no gains to be had with the n75j"

So now im doubtfull, throw some light someone :thumbsup:

i think thats hinting at the ko3 not being able to provide any more useful boost beyond it being mapped

to shed some light on it you could get the car on a dyno with and without the valve and sort it out once and for all

read this guys:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=4578

i was told not to bother with the j valve by a very knowledgable technician at jabbasport, it casues the turbo to spike higher, but can also ruin your engine/turbo it you are running to lean, as is suggested in the above thread, it can also put your car into limp mode, again also explained in above thread

for the tiny gains in power imo is not worth the risk, if you want more power you are going to need a bigger turbo, ko4s would be your best option unless you have some big money to spend on a bt conversion

Well that settles if for me, i will take the advice of the technician, I'm sure that this valve could help for short term power gains but way to many ifs and buts. And running the car close to its envelope is not something i want to do as its a daily driver, 16psi of boost is keeping me quite happy at the moment.

Get a boost gauge, and tee a vacuum line from engine bay. Cheap and easy mod

dont the boost gauges comes with the pipe and t-piece? my old did at least from halfrauds. on the same line where is the vacuum on the 1.8t?

dont bother with upgrading the n75 at all! stick with the standard C or F.
You will find the car will spike and will not boost smoothly throughout the rev range with a J valve. I have been kindly informed by a very well known Audi tuner that they are a waste of money :D

dont the boost gauges comes with the pipe and t-piece? my old did at least from halfrauds. on the same line where is the vacuum on the 1.8t?

If you look on the fuel rail you will find the fuel pressure regulator, this should have a small say 4mm internal diameter hose going to it from the bottom of the inlet manifold. You can T from here but be warned these hoses are prone to breaking/crumbling due to the heat they are subjected too so a good idea would be to replace this section with silicone hose. You can get a mtr of 4mm ID silicone hose off fleabay for about £2:icon_thumright:

If you look on the fuel rail you will find the fuel pressure regulator, this should have a small say 4mm internal diameter hose going to it from the bottom of the inlet manifold. You can T from here but be warned these hoses are prone to breaking/crumbling due to the heat they are subjected too so a good idea would be to replace this section with silicone hose. You can get a mtr of 4mm ID silicone hose off fleabay for about £2:icon_thumright:

cheers mate. a project for the weekend. Where are people feeding the pipes through to the dash? also wheres a good place to put it? i had my old one in the vent on my old pug is there a similar vent replacement for the a3?

cheers

There is a drivers side vent kit you can buy, they first came out for the mk4 golf and now they do them for the A3 but i cant remember who does them....

When i bought my A3 the drivers side central vent had some fins missing so i made my own vent kit.

Because of the location of my gauge i opted to go through a loom trunking, through the pollen filter and it came out behind the glovebox (which had to be removed of course) it was an easy enough job, just took a while.
I have seen people going through the drivers side though...

Here's a pic of my chosen route
boostgaugerouting.jpg

Hope this helps

excellent, cheers mate ill give it a go at the weekend depending on the weather ! :D