S3 Security devices

noodle

Reaction score
Are there any suggestions for extra security, on my forthcoming S3, or is the factory fitted equipment OK?

I've got a Thatcham 1 Clifford Alarm on my 944 at the moment and so far I've been very confident in it's level of security.

Your help would be really appreciated.

Starting to worry already... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Clifford are widely hyped, thus alot of people become fitters so that they can sell cliffords, so they earn more cash.
Alot of problems are caused by bad fitting of the components, but I have seen cliffords go up in smoke, literally. Seen units that wouldn't respond to being programmed, thus were effectively useless.
Cliffords seem to have alot of problems with false alarms - i.e. going off when they shouldn't.

If you haven't had any problems and you know a good fitter then you could always stick with them..
Told AFAIK are ok, also consider sigma.

the thatcham site Thatcham Site has listings of aftermarket approved systems ( look in security section there is a PDF to download).

The S3 comes with a Cat2 alarm as standard. I had a 2-to-1 upgrade added to the car when I bought it. The best bit is it was at the dealers expense as I asked if it was Cat 1 and they told me it was. Their mistake, they rectify.

The price was less than £500 I believe.

Dan

Just thought...how about a bl**dy great Rottweiler! Tie him to the car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Let us know which system you think is best and what you chose and how good it is!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
That'd be sooo funny.

I'm thinking about staying with Clifford, as I've had no problems (touch wood) with mine since it was installed (Concept 600). Well, except for a slight problem with the central locking thingy, which was rectified straight away.

Let you know when I've decided - money permitting!!

I'd go for the big dog in the back seat idea....if you don't feed it then it won't sh&t on your seats and it will be hungrier when someone breaks in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif