Dilemma doing my nut in! Am I running okay?

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I feel a bit 'hmmmm' these days with the car. The car came with a Superchips remap, i wanted a Revo but oh well it saved me the money! Apparently it's supposed to be doing 260bhp, but i feel it's not actually doing this? My friend owned a Revo'd S3 and my goodness i could definitely feel the power there!!

Well anyway, my friend owns a Mk3 Ibiza Cupra which is mapped so it should be 200-210bhp. Strange thing is he keeps up with me rolling from 3rd! He told me last night he adjusted his actuator correctly to what his car should be doing which is why it's now so quick.

Am i doing something wrong with the car? Has my friend adjusted it too much which could result in damaging his turbo? Really puzzled me as to how quick it is against mine!

N75 was changed last month, checked hoses for leaks at the time and was fine.

Appreciate you input people, hope you're all well.

Jay

I may be wrong but I'm sure the newer seat cupras come with a fmic as standard. A mate at my work has the leon FR and it keeps up with my other mates mapped 8L S3. The cooling makes a massive difference.

Ello Westle. Nope he's got the Mk3 which is the shape before the one you're talking about.

Don't understand how he's doing that with his power. He's bit of a noob and just wants 'power' so he'd be the type to adjust something which his engine can't handle. Like the time he disconnected his N75 valve for 2 months because he figured out it was overboosting without it and loved the power so he kept it like that LOL.

But he's connected the N75 again, just done the N249 bypass, and adjusted his actuator?

Cheers

I may be wrong but I'm sure the newer seat cupras come with a fmic as standard. A mate at my work has the leon FR and it keeps up with my other mates mapped 8L S3. The cooling makes a massive difference.

The FMIC is hardly going to make a difference in the freezing cold at this time of year.

The "adjsutment" makes no odds to power, it may change the delivery to later in the rev range due to move movement being required to move the rod/flap to release the boost. Our ECUs are much cleverer than the old Vaux ones where doing this kind of thing made a difference, you gotta love placebo affect !

you need to remember most 8Ls are not making the stated 260 BHP thats the absolute max possible in a certain curcumstances.

Also worth bareing in mind the Seat prob weighs only 1200 kg against your S3 at 1500, so it has a similar power to weigh ratio.

A mapped S3 only makes about 231bhp doesnt it? ;)

The 4WD in your S3 accounts for around 250Kgs and also you get more transmission losses through turning the extra diff and drive shafts etc..

Cheers for the replies people. Found out from my other friend he adjusted the actuator to completely open? When he first had it mapped with the N75 on i used to give him an *** whooping! Now it seems because he's adjusted the actuator and done the N249 bypass his car's gone nuts!

Matty - I also think his car will go bang 1 day!

erm ,sumat wrong if he gets whooped by a Leon FR in a mapped S3 :)

love all this talk about tranny loses, transmission losses are relevant more so from a standing start, once rolling the transmission is largely engaged which means less losses upon putting your foot down.......

also curious that he's running over 200bhp in a mk3 Ibiza, were these KO3s turbo's? if not im guessing theres some bull there

Animal, the Mk3 Ibiza Cupra uses the K03 which is the usual 156bhp standard. When mapped it can go around the 200bhp mark. My bro used to have one which was Revo'd but my friends one is an Evolution Chips remap. Friends one is much faster though with whatever funny work he's done on it. All i know is it's not healthy for his turbo!

still sounds weird that hes keeping up midrange.......he shouldnt be far off but it should tail off fairly quickly with it being a KO3 id have thought

Yeah it is werid! He told me he adjusted the actuator to how much power the map should be giving his car (that i don't understand either). But my other good friend who was with him when he done it said he opened it completely which is now why it's so quick.

Oh well, he spins in 1st and 2nd...but i don't! :laugh: