S3 Lower Bushes

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Merry Crimbo all, hope you all had a good one.

Investigating an annoying knocking both sides of the motor at the front, it looks like the lower arm bushes are shagged...

Had a look at lower arms, however I believe you can replace just the bushes...

This is the one which is shot:

wishbone.jpg

And this is the bush kit I've found to replace with....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S3-Power..._CarParts_SM?hash=item19b332b18f#ht_915wt_939

Anyone else done this, or know if this is right? :think:

Yeah, it's the front that's the problem. So worth doing then?

My only thought is that I can get two brand new lower arms from Euro Car Parts for an extra 24 quid.... Although my experience with Powerflex bushes has been nothing but good I admit.

Front pair of powerflex should be about 30/40 and those ebay bushes a tenner or so... Proper S3 arms (different to the A3 remember) are over £100 iirc...

As your car is an early S3 then you may have the smaller front bushes. Pretty sure Bill keeps the powerflex fronts in or can get them easily at least as they are the same as Ibizas etc iirc

Powerflex wise, fronts are fine but rears squeeze out and need replacing quite regularly from what I have heard so the solid rubber ones are just as good, cheaper and last longer.

Its what I have on mine....

<tuffty/>

Front pair of powerflex should be about 30/40 and those ebay bushes a tenner or so... Proper S3 arms (different to the A3 remember) are over £100 iirc...

Well, I got the ECP parts finder to fish those arms out from the reg no so I presume they're right. £47 each didn't seem too bad.

I put a link to the eBay ones I found, a lot more than £30 quid :(

Just wondering what's the easiest/cheapest route to go...

Sorry dude, I've just twigged what you meant by rear bushes! I thought you meant as in rear of the car, not the rear bush of the two on the wishbone! Duh.

OK, will investigate.