Check this out - RS4 engine'd S3 content.

Is that a QST fitment as they did an RS3 kinda conversion long time back & that ones got MTM on rear so must be them.

Saw this linked from ukmkivs this morning, why is Faz selling it after just a few months?

I'm pretty sure MTM did it, full RS4 running gear in an S3 shell. As far as I know.

Almost £20K??? Nice car but i doubt he will get that at all. i would rarther put a deposit on a house than buy that.

Almost £20K??? Nice car but i doubt he will get that at all. i would rarther put a deposit on a house than buy that.

I would too but this car has been proven to be faster than the new V10 BMW, which has been proven quicker than a lambo gallardo! So £20k for a supercar killer isn't bad at all. Be a right pig when something goes wrong!

Last edited:
I think I'd just get an RS4 and remap it. Not a fan of the front bumper either, tbh, nor the heat-shield bits around the exhausts.

I would too but this car has been proven to be faster than the new V10 BMW, which has been proven quicker than a lambo gallardo! So £20k for a supercar killer isn't bad at all. Be a right pig when something goes wrong!

I could get a nice 'used' E39 M5 for £20k, and I know which car I would rather have, despite the uniqueness of this S3.

Hey guys I didn't say I'm sticking up for this car as I do think it would be a nightmare come service and insurance time but you can't deny it would be nice to have nearly 500bhp under the hood of your S.

i got a insurance estimation off piston heads for it and came back 475 ish. not bad i thought as my old S3 standard used to cost me about 400. not sure weather its to accurate though

cant be bothered with cars at the minute, always had my own way, time to give the misus a chance of what she wants i think for a while, she's after a beetle now will wait a month or 2 i think, might get myself a 20vt mk2 golf or somthing different at the time, might be picking up another fiat coupe on a V reg next week for my run around, i hate the X reg Daewoo Nubira estate im using

hmmm, if i had to guess i bet he doesnt want to sell, my thoughts are hes put it up for his ideal price, if it sells then great, if it doesnt? no love lost :)

fill us in Faz :)

erm..... im thinking this is a pre facelift too :ohmy:

gear knob and rear numberplate overhang suggests...... also not feeling the aftermarket steering wheel, and are those 8P upgrade seats? im not so sure, yet they do retain the original seat base from the 8L S3

this is a special car but for me it would be 20k on the engine/running gear, everything else puts me off

You could get an RS6 for that!! But saying that, this is a one off car (or one of a few) Just depends on what people fancy!

I wouldnt pay that to be honest.
A newer car would be my choice,
Has FAZ comented on why he is selling up?

Ok lads,

I didnt think the car would end up on every forum!

Anyways yeah I have put it up for sale, just testing the water.

AND TBH not really bothered by what else you could buy and what you would rather do with your money, everyone will make different choices, but there is not another one like this.

For people slating the bumpers etc, well personal choice I think it looks alot more aggressive then a standard S3 and it compliments the car, but again thats my opinion.

You cant compare this with a remapped 8P S3, RS4, M5 or what ever, its a different type of animal.

I love the car mate, if I had the cash I'd snap it up right away! Its expensive as its a VERY unique car and has had a LOT of time and money spent on it! I get its not to everyone's tastes but your getting super car performance for a fraction of the price, sounds awesome to me!

How come your thinking of selling if you don't mind me asking? Doubt there's much that can keep up with it, lol!

Took the car to Doug at MRC recently for a health check, apart from a couple of boost leaks, he said everything is perfectly fine with it.

Has alot more potential too, MRC remap and bigger intake can get it running quite a bit more power.

Yep to this day I have not had anything keep up with me, its blown away every supercar that has come across it.

Its has ALOT more potential still! Handling is spot on nothing has been missed or overlooked.

Last edited:
It's very unique.

I am sure for the cost an S3 with a proper BT would be as fast and you would have money in your pocket.

Kudos for the project as a technical exercise, but an awful lot of money spent....

It's very unique.

I am sure for the cost an S3 with a proper BT would be as fast and you would have money in your pocket.

Kudos for the project as a technical exercise, but an awful lot of money spent....

Well I have had a proper BT S3 and including buying the car you wouldnt see much change from £25-£30k?

My old one was 345bhp, this one is 472 bhp?

Where can you see it would be as fast? LOL

I disagree, a nice tidy S3 is around 6K now, you can get an awful lot of Turbo for £19k. I have also seen a BT build that cost not much more than £3k that generates 390BHP, so add the price of the car and be generous and say £10k.

so 80BHP for £15k isnt so much of a bargain unless you do the work yourself

Could add an awful lot of turbo / tuning for £15k.

Like i said, kudos for giving it a go/paying for it etc. One off, but a lot of cash

Ok lads,

I didnt think the car would end up on every forum!

You was always going to get a lot of coverage for something so unique, it's the only one in the UK and there's probably only a handful in the whole wide world, and you own one of them!

It's good plugging if you ask me!

:sign_plug:

In my opinion i would have bought a s4. or big turbo'd mine.
Think my S3 with Badger 5's engine
I know it would be an expensive build but surely nothing like this

Nice car...good luck with the sale
IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

good luck to ya bud. if you have trouble selling i'll be more then happy to swa with a more understated s3 of mine mate!

****** hell!!!! ive driven a standard rs4 and that was an animal so i could only imagine how quick that would be!!! excellent

I disagree, a nice tidy S3 is around 6K now, you can get an awful lot of Turbo for £19k. I have also seen a BT build that cost not much more than £3k that generates 390BHP, so add the price of the car and be generous and say £10k.

so 80BHP for £15k isnt so much of a bargain unless you do the work yourself

Could add an awful lot of turbo / tuning for £15k.

Like i said, kudos for giving it a go/paying for it etc. One off, but a lot of cash

Brakes, suspension, wheels, seats? and other styling mods???

Or do you tend to forget about them elements, lets be generous ;)

Not solely just power isit mate?

1.8 T running 390, 2.7 V6 Bi Turbo 470 bhp, I know which one I would rather have. Adding bigger turbos on the latter you can see 550-600 bhp with ease.

Only just turned 30k too.