Dash Cupholder Stuck In - How do i release it

MingBluS3

Reaction score
My cup holder is stuck in and won't come out, i think its a combination of too many Mc'donalds cokes being left in the holder overnight, it's basically stuck in, i always had to give it a good wack in the past but now it wont come out at all.

Does anyone know how to remove this part so that i can clean it.

thats how mine used to be, but it gradually got worse.

The problem i have is that i reckon you need to have the cup holder open to get to the clips that release it. I've tried quite a few thing to get mine open but no joy yet.

I was going to post the same question today as mine has been stuck in since I bought it.

Obviously not very well thought out hey!

Do you think Audi would fix it under warranty?

I had this problem when I bought the car, I solved it by (very carefully) pulling it out with a thin piece of metal. It still happened afterwards, so almost gve up. Then when I next drove it I accelerated off a roundabout and it opened! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
After that it worked, but it tended to take a while to come out, so every time i drove the car I pressed it. It now works fine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I had problems with mine the I first had it. It would be pot luck if it would come out or not.
So I included it on a list of 5 things to be done under warranty, now have a new holder which works fine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif