Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Help.... turbo problem

i have a 51 1.8t a3 sport quattro, i have no boost and at around 2-3k rpm all i get is like a loud noise, sounds like a electric motor lol, i have checked all my boost pipes and pipes going to turbo none are loose/sprit etc any ideas pls,
    Car only has only 44k on clock and had new turbo fitted at just under 40k by audi dealer before i bought it i also have reciept to prove so cant be turbo gone surly
    i have oil, water and engine runs sweet on idle and in revs just with no boost,
    thanks for any help
    13.8 santapod gti fest 2010 class g 1st place winner. A3 1.8 20vt 180 quattro, Revo stage 2.5 map,[/B] Forge tip, forge cold side, Forge splitter valve, Carbonio cold intake with aem filter,decat pipe, 2.5inch exhaust, k03s turbo with forge actuator, revs fmc with forge houses, j n75 valve, 4 bar fuel reg, hid's, 17" tt alloys t1r

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    sounds like turbo mate or a sensor!!!!

NW@R
    www.nedetailing.co.uk

CaRs GoNe:
    Focus 1.6 standard engine .... huge sounds!! ( www.bassmechanix.com )
    Focus RS 383.4bhp + 378 ft/lb torque .... Weapon!!
    Now ... S3 in bits at the min, but will soon be back!!!

Neutral

Status
    thanks
    Last edited by quattro rob; 26th December 2009 at 14:03.
    13.8 santapod gti fest 2010 class g 1st place winner. A3 1.8 20vt 180 quattro, Revo stage 2.5 map,[/B] Forge tip, forge cold side, Forge splitter valve, Carbonio cold intake with aem filter,decat pipe, 2.5inch exhaust, k03s turbo with forge actuator, revs fmc with forge houses, j n75 valve, 4 bar fuel reg, hid's, 17" tt alloys t1r

Neutral

Status
    taken turbo of today i have bend 1 blade and have alot of play in shaft, gotta go hybrid route i think

Neutral

Status

what rpms would you expect to really be able to hear

the turbo come in on if it was all stock setup? Are these turbos loud enough to hear over the engine clearly or are they small and have a subtle whine?

I'm asking cuz this original poster's descriptions sounds just like my car. I can't convince myself the turbo is coming in or if it is, it's pretty weak.
    Lucky

98 red AUDI A3 Sport

Neutral

Status
    the sound of mine is loud, alot louder then engine noise, just take the tip of mine is well past the sell by date

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro rob View Post
    the sound of mine is loud, alot louder then engine noise, just take the tip of mine is well past the sell by date
    I don't know what u mean. This is my first turbo car so what is the tip reference to exactly and how many miles is a turbo good for anyway?
    Last edited by luckymacy; 27th December 2009 at 01:32.
    Lucky

98 red AUDI A3 Sport