What colours did the S3 come in?

Els

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

How many colours did the S3 come in from new, did they do any special order colours?

I find myself wanting a yellow one :blush:

Absolute Red, Brilliant Black, Dolphin Grey, Imola Yellow, Light Silver, Ming Blue, Nogaro Blue and Goodwood Green.
So 8 colours ;)

Think there was more than 8 colours, there was a post just recently about this and it listed all the colours, if you do a search, you will get your answer.

Hi chaps,

How many colours did the S3 come in from new, did they do any special order colours?

I find myself wanting a yellow one :blush:

I have a Imola Yellow S3 - I Love It!!! :o.k:

Despite all the colour choices, there's only one Fastest colour, and that is BLACK! :)

We asked 100 people what colour is the fastest when it comes to Audi S3s...

'Black'

'You said, Black, Our survey said......'

(Insert noise yourself)

'It's not there I'm afraid....'

lol :)

Reactions: Jutchops
Mines cactus green, always thought it was goodwood green but turns out this was'nt available on the S3 until 2001. There is anouther post somewhere that detailed all the colours available there codes and which years they were available.

Mine's "Lake Silver", which basically means it's silver.

When I was looking for mine, a guy was advertising one in "Kingfisher Blue", which apparently was a limited edition. It's a light blue metallic colour.

Despite all the colour choices, there's only one Fastest colour, and that is BLACK! :)

4114f7d0.gif

Mine's "Lake Silver", which basically means it's silver.

When I was looking for mine, a guy was advertising one in "Kingfisher Blue", which apparently was a limited edition. It's a light blue metallic colour.

My S3 is Kingfisher Blue, as far as Im aware, it was a special order colour along with Hibiscus Red plus a few more. Its not everyones favourite, but personally I love it!!

Cheers

Chris

Love Kingfisher Blue and Nogaro Blue, would love to have an S3 in one of those colours, but am also very fond of the Silver too, hence me having one in Silver :)

The REAL fastest colour!!!

my brother in law had a kingfisher blue one, it was an import from france, he was told that later on it did become a special order colour here.
i myself had a red one, always fancied the yellow , think they stand out really nice but i wasnt brave enough to buy one.
did all the yellow ones come with yellow alcantera in the middle of the seats or could you have full black, never seen one with full leather.

Last edited:
i wanted a yellow one originally but all the ones available weree either abused or the chaps were wanting a huge premium...... dont forget theres the pre facelift colours too, my dolphin grey was mineral grey in pre FL..... im sure theres more colours than have been mentioned though, theres two different light silvers for a start - silver and the bluey silver (name escapes me)

Misano Red and Avus Silver were special order colours on the S3.

You have to go Mexico for a white 8L S3:)

Nope, as per my February 1999 launch brochure for the S3, it was actually available in Casablanca White in the UK at launch, together with some other colours which didn't survive into the 2000 model year such as Ochre Metallic (gold) and Mocha Brown Pearl Effect (yep, Brown).

DSCF1440.jpg

Forgot to mention - I think someone was after the leather colours, if so PM me as the "email" has gone missing

How many black colours was made for S3 8L? Thank you :)

You're right, I mistake on quote! :) About volcano black?