S3 Newby questions please?

I

imported_ashs3

Hello,

New chap here, looking at buying an S3 and I amafter some help please?

Details of the car are below, is it worth the asking price?

AUDI S3 225 BHP 2001 Y
42,000 miles, Silver. Bose sound, Zenon lights + headlamp wash, 17" Avus Alloys, Black Leather, 6 CD Changer, Electric Seats, Alli Mirrors, Manual, Tax, FASH, Warranty, Audi approved MTM Chip increasing BHP to 265!! Immaculate car £15,495.

Next question is does it have a 6 speed gear box? and it does not have FCA (front centr armrest) now my mate had one of these and I have one in my beemer and could not live with out it. How easy are they to after market insatll and how much am I looking at?

Thanks in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

That sounds like an okay price to me.

Yes it will be six speed.

You can get a centre arm rest from vagparts.com for about £180. Instructions are on the website.

Sounds like a steal! Check that it is a 225BHP version as you may find it could be a 210BHP! Especially on a 2001 Y model. Not that this matters when it is chipped mind you!

As said above, all S3's have 6 gears and the arm rest is easy to fit.

Rich.

There is a pre facelift model too, have a look for the single piece headlights.

An "Audi approved MTM Chip increasing BHP to 265!! " sounds a bit suspsious. Audi wouln't approve that surly?

Otherwise, if it is a facelift model and it is HPi clear etc, it sounds ok to me.

you may also find insurance is cheaper on the 210 model than the 225 model i did with Direct Line, DL have the 210 in grp 17 and the 225 in grp 18???

Mark

Audi UK will not warranty any chip on a S3 (your dealer might but this will be on the quiet from Audi)- so dont believe any Audi approved nonsense.

Dunc

well if ur after a yellow 1 then let me know, i want about 16k for mine.

33k mileage
fsh, facelift
s3 alloys,
chrome mirrors
AmD remap to 268 bhp
Toad alarm and pager
Light Smoke tints
Bose sound with andy mac sub upgrade and jbl amp (all neatly fitted)

Thanx mazzy

[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:
They facelifted cars started in 2001, but in late 2001 they started the 225bhp engines the same as the TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Facelifted cars started in Aug 2000 on an X-plate, I had one, though they were called the 2001 model, these had 210 bhp to start with.

Cheers all gave it a miss, had quite bad paint and looked like it had been thrashed, looking at another one from Sinclaire dealer in Swansea, my old man is good mates with him so hoping for some cash off,

Registration
CV51 ***

Price

Mileage

Year 2001

1 owner, FASH, Finished in Silver with black nappa leather interior. Standar spec + Xenon headlamps/headlamp wash, CD player and BOSE sound.

If I can get cash off the price then it will be in my price range.

REVDUP great spec, yellow is not my bag other wise we would have ben meeting ;-)

2 more questions and I will leave you all alone :)

How easy is it to fit ally mirrors and how much do they cost?

What is the score with speedo/mileage difference when running on 18" RS4 alloys?

Ash do you live near Swansea then? I'm not far away....

Chrome mirrors are expensive from the dealer (approx £700!)

You can pick them up from ebay for about £150 - £200.

Or you could buy the mirror caps off JBR for approx £70!

They look the same as the genuine ones too! Hard to tell the difference!

Rich.