Heated washer jets????

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
My buggers wouldnt work in the -4.5 temps i was getting this morning, all week they have been fine....no water pouring under the car when i travelled the full 10 miles to work.....reckon they must be frozen pretty much frozen through :(

haha you tail

erm well only just filled it up and used a third of a 5 litre tub....alls fine now though, just been out to check before the trip home :)

I'm leaking all over the floor from inside my bumper so I reckon I'll have to get the bumper off :cold::cold:

Mine freeze every year without fail. I dont think the heated washers do much tbh.

Heh! Mine froze for ~40 miles this morning travelling up the the Lake District. Also, one of the headlamp washers was still stuck up for around 2 hours after I had stopped!! Gradually came down later on...

No probs in the snow with the Quattro though...

Cheers,

Heh! Mine froze for ~40 miles this morning travelling up the the Lake District. Also, one of the headlamp washers was still stuck up for around 2 hours after I had stopped!! Gradually came down later on...

No probs in the snow with the Quattro though...

Cheers,

Yeh headlight washers stick out in freezing temps too. All a little annoying.

this is the first time its hapend to me thankfully.....defo notice the heated jets after living with my old A3

My headlight washers didnt even come out, but then I saw that a fuse had gone, probably burnt it out trying to get them to work in the freezing weather!!

you'd think they would be designed to withstand being frozen, not everyone drives around with 100% dilution of washer fluid :)

you'd think they would be designed to withstand being frozen, not everyone drives around with 100% dilution of washer fluid :)

Me being one of them, haven't got round to buying any.

Bad move, I drove my usual 12 mile journey this morning and my jets still weren't working, windscreen was filthy...:ermm:

Probably needed sometimes. I Remember on an old car that I left outside overnight was a block of ice, everything was frozen including the 1/3 diluted screen wash. Inside of the car, engine....you name it.

Not sure what temp that was but I think must of been below -10.

do all s3's have heated headlight washers? what do you press to get them working?

lights on....pull ya windscreen washers on and the headlight one will start after 3-4 seconds of holding the stalk back

awesome! had the car nearly a year and didnt know about them lol thanks :thumbsup: