Coolant sensor level/temp warning.

donerkebab

Reaction score
Please help - done a search - since yesterday morning been getting coolant level /temp warning on dash when first starting in the morning. Checked the levels looks ok - well above the max mark but I figure this is because it has expanded whilst heated. Same thing thing morning - goes away after a few minutes and is fine rest of the day even after a cool down.

From searching is this the sensors being corroded/having muck stuck on them. How easy is it to get to the sensors? Just through the top of the coolant filler container? Any tips /advise would be much appreciated.

My car does that too on cold mornings. I know the coolants fine but I always get the loud beep and the warning sign flash up when I start it in the mornings. It goes away after a few seconds.

My A3 used to do this on cold morning exactly as you describe. It's the metal prong that sits in the coolant, from memory I think you simply unscrew it from the header tank and just clean it up with some wet and dry or the like, should be alright then though the problem may return next year.

Still at least it's nothing serious...

have you run VAGCOM on this to get a fault code? i have exactly the same thing and have had it through the summer also.
my fault code is..01271 Positioning motor for Temp flap (V68) blocked or no voltage - Intermittant.

im guessing this has something to do with mine, as well as a faulty thermostat.

the warning goes off after a min or so. however i do need to get this fixed. anyboday any ideas how to do this.....and where it actually might be?