Help please!!!

Mark Hopkins

AUDI S3, REVO MAPPED 260 bhp
Reaction score
hi guys,

i've been having a problem with my s3 when it goes over 4000 revs, it starts to judder. orginally, on vag com i had the g28 and g40 code come up. changed the timing tensioner and chain, and that got rid off the codes. now i'm still getting the juddering, but no codes are coming up on vag com?! i thought it could be the maf so i disconected that today but it was still happening. could this be a mapping issue??

can anyone shed any light!

thanks mark:think:

Could this be a coilpack mate? I know it should show a fault but when one of mine went a few months ago it didnt throw any codes up, just a thought. Hope you get it sorted,
Cheers Matt

i think it's still on the original coilpack, so can't do any harm to change them. i also thout that should bring up a code though!?

thanks matt:icon_thumright:

finally got round to checking coilpacks and spark plugs yesterday. the coilpacks seemed ok, but when removing the spark plugs they were very stiff to get off, which made me think they hadn't been changed for a while.:think: the gap in the spark plugs were also far to large, so i've put in some new bosch ones, and been testing the car out all weekend. no more juddering!!
happy days!:)

thanks to everyone that helped.