WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

audi_a3_turbo

Reaction score
Just had my car remapped to from VAGtech as part of their 12 remaps of christmas promotion for £115. The difference in performance was great and has really put a smile on my face! The service was great at VAGtech and I would highly recommended them. :icon_thumright:

It certainly gives them a bit more poke. You have the AGU motor like mine, they're good for a nice smooth map from what I was told when I had my Custom Code map.

Glad you're happy with it :)

So far, touvh wood I've noticed no drop in MPG and I've not had any problems apart from a shafted thermostat which would have gone anyway :)

I always wished I could of said the same when my old A3 was remapped, but the turbo and the MAF were shot. Performance gains were understandable unimpressive!!

:(

I had a Superchip on my 150bhp 1.8T A4 which took it to 186bhp (Superchips' figure). So +40bhp and +40ft/lb sounds about right.
All the power would come in in one big dollop at around 2,600 - 3,000 rpm - was fun and a big difference.
My fuel economy actually improved a bit aswell, from 24.9mpg to 25.4mpg.

What r u giving up? Everything in a system is a compromise or Audi would have done this already at the factory?

Its all about range structure and I think its called 'paddocking' or something like that.

Why give the lower models the same power as the higher ones?, you'd never sell any of the higher ones...thats why ;)

Lots of companies do it :)

What r u giving up? Everything in a system is a compromise or Audi would have done this already at the factory?

Audi did, the face-lift quattro A3s with exactly the same engine get the same output as a std 150 when remapped, i.e. ~180.

Not giving up as such, logic says of course adding ~20% more power output means every component which deals with that power will take 20% more stress, therefore will fail ~20% sooner/more often. In normal terms however this means very little as components are designed for lifespans in excess of 100k miles.

Audi did, the face-lift quattro A3s with exactly the same engine get the same output as a std 150 when remapped, i.e. ~180.

Not giving up as such, logic says of course adding ~20% more power output means every component which deals with that power will take 20% more stress, therefore will fail ~20% sooner/more often. In normal terms however this means very little as components are designed for lifespans in excess of 100k miles.

OK. since I have 116K miles on this car I'll leave the stress level as is since it's still a blast to drive and I'm not racing. But on another similar note, without a dedicated gauge or a way to even get the readings out of the computer, how do you kind of know when it's time to get the turbo checked out? I'm not the original owner and don't know what the signs would be that it's no longer putting out the power it used to, so to speak.

they didnt give me a figure so im not sure. They said on the e-mail it would be +40 BHP and +40 torque
My car is a 1.8 T (150bhp)

I remap cars and the map I provide would take it from 150bhp to 213bhp and the torque from 155 to 255lb/ft, so you may have those figures unless the map you got is different.

I remap cars and the map I provide would take it from 150bhp to 213bhp and the torque from 155 to 255lb/ft, so you may have those figures unless the map you got is different.

No chance, the A3 150bhp AGU engine runs the KO3 turbo and it would never see over 200bhp.....never ever ever.

Also if you map cars you'll know all maps vary and being as you dont know what map he has...to say he might have those figures is incorrect.

Are you some sort of :jester: ?

How much can you supply and fit a flux capacitor for?

No chance, the A3 150bhp AGU engine runs the KO3 turbo and it would never see over 200bhp.....never ever ever.

Also if you map cars you'll know all maps vary and being as you don't know what map he has...to say he might have those figures is incorrect.
Ok i might sound thick now but the my last dyno run on my AGU engine was running 194.7 bhp (cc remap) on a nice sunny day in June running on supermarket fuel. the run also showed my engine was running ever so slightly rich robbing me of more bhp all be it only a minuscule amount but this is probably down to me not changing my filter for over a year. so you are telling me even if I had shell optimax on a cold day with perfect fueling and a n75 valve on i would never get the extra 5.4 bhp without a k03s turbo no matter what ? why is this i know of bikes running turbos off old metro's and fiat's doing 220+ bhp is the k03 just a whimp of a turbo ??????

Last edited:

Also if you map cars you'll know all maps vary and being as you dont know what map he has...to say he might have those figures is incorrect.

i agree with that but on them lines my mk4 golf turbo was a 2001 plate with a ko3 turbo and i had it mapped and rr and it came out with 211bhp was impressed

i agree with that but on them lines my mk4 golf turbo was a 2001 plate with a ko3 turbo and i had it mapped and rr and it came out with 211bhp was impressed
you must be wrong mate a k03 will never ever ever see over 200bhp I've read it on this place :no:

Last edited:
The KO3 doent have the capability of seeing over 200bhp.

Also, lets not forget that some rollers read higher tha others to please clients ;)