Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

My A3...What should I do to my Alloys? And any other mods?

Hi all, this is my car... a 2001 A3 1.8T Quattro.
    Obviously it needs a clean, but other than this i was wandering what i could do to my wheels. I have a small budget as i just got the tints done and have just ordered a private reg.

I have a mate who could get my current alloys repainted... and was thinking maybe a gloss black.But that would mean sticking with these 16" alloys.
    I think although the alloys look good at the moment, i really like the look of the 18" RS4 alloys

Opinions anyone.

Also, as in my title, i am looking for other small mods which would make the car look better. I am going for a tasteful and classy looking car. So just got the tints done and have ordered a private reg and im not looking to lower the car or put a body kit on it... just things that would be tasteful.

Comments would be much appreciated!

And again, I know the car desperately needs a clean! But no point at the moment with all this snow!

Last edited by jamiebylett; 20th December 2009 at 19:52.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    things i like...

short ariel i just chopped down mine :P
    pressed plates?
    LCR splitter
    silvertecs

just a few things...

Smell my finger.

Status
    Leave the wheels silver, dark wheels on a dark car need to be HUUUUGE to look any good IMO.

Paint your grill surround black and get some facelift rear lights. A Cupra splitter doesnt work on the A3 bumper, plus if the cars not lowered it wouldnt look right. They look top on an S3, the A3 bumpers too round to pull it off though.

Just keep it clean and tidy as they're a good looking car out of the box anyway. No point spending money you dont have to.

However I would suggest looking at getting some stiffer anti roll bars or at least some uprated springs ans shocks....really transforms the car over the standard set up.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi, thanks guys.
    what do you mean by painting the grill surround? the silver bit that goes round the edge? hmmm not sure if that will look good... might look around the sight to see what it looks like.
    also, what are silvertecs?
    thanks

any more comments from anyone would be appreciated aswel! nice onee

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I know mine is an S and ming blue but this is what it looks like:

8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    what alloys are they mate? and i like the look of the chrome mirrors.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Alloys are standard S3 alloys. 17" Avus, there should be a few sets knocking about on the classifieds. The mirrors are an S3 upgrade but if you look on ebay for A3 chrome mirrors you'll probably find some to fit your car.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    nice one cheeers. any more opinions on what i could do to my car form anyone? thanksss

Smell my finger.

Status
    Remap
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    Remap
    yeh i plan to do that next summer once ive got bored of the power its got at the moment. ive just changed from a 1.2 corsa to a 1.8t quattro a3 so gunna wait a while before doing anything to the performance!

1st Gear

Status
    my a3 has a LCR splitter and it looks spot on had to chop it a bit but looks so much better

Reverse Gear

Status
    il look into that one... cheers. just looking for cheapish mods but make a good difference to the look of my car...
    any more suggestions?
    thanks so far guys, been very helpful!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Aero wipers tidy things up a treat.
    LED number plate bulbs
    LED interior lights

I'm running out of ideas now

Reverse Gear

Status
    haha nice one. think ive got a nice little list of cheap mods to do to my car:
    1.Shorter ariel
    2.Aero wipers
    3.LED number plate bulbs
    4.LED interior lights
    5.Facelift Rear Lights

Any more cheap and chearful mods i could add to make my car that little bit more good looking?!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Thats about it, but I would suggest painting the grill surround again. If you're not sure just try covering it with black electrical tape to see if you like it or not before taking the leap and painting it.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    Thats about it, but I would suggest painting the grill surround again. If you're not sure just try covering it with black electrical tape to see if you like it or not before taking the leap and painting it.
    great shout

cheers mate, will try that one

Howdy

Status
    S3 style rear spoiler?
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

Reverse Gear

Status
    that could be an option...!thanks

1st Gear

Status
    strange yours doesn't have the facelift rear lights, has it got the facelift dash?

first thing I would do is clean it, lower it and fit a nice sound system.

A3 TDI Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    why is it strange that it doesnt have facelift rear lights? its a 2001 model? :s

i think the car is pretty low as it is and i dont really see the need in lowering it. but yeh i think upgrading the speakers and maybe putting in a sub and changing the headunit because the tape player makes it look very outdated!!.

I was thinking maybe painting the calipers aswel. would red look the best on my car?

thanks