Downpipe fitting

s3 ryan

ryan s3
Reaction score
hi guys i bought a pipe werx 3" downpipe and cat replacement and had booked in to have them fitted and a full system but he had only booked 1-2 hours, when he had a look underneath to remove the old downpipe he said he would need 4-5 hours and would have to remove the transfer box to access the downpipe, hes rebooked me in for a weeks time now, is this the only way by removing the transfer box? is there an easyer way to do it?

thanks for any help in advance

you dont have to take the transfere box out but it would be easier to drop the subframe off it is quite fiddly job but i would say 3 to 4 hours is plenty the 3 bolts that hold on the downpipe 2 need to be removed with short or stubby spanner and the third you need to take off the drivers side wheel and go in with a long extension bar

Easy peasy and if they can't get it done within 4 hours find sombody else. Did mine yesterday, you won't be dissappointed! Good choice. But g/box out- no and wheels off -no, also subframe can be left hanging, did mine in 2 hours 46 minutes + EWA

Last edited:
thanks guys wasnt 2 keen on the idea of taking the transfer box off will tell him about the subframe