Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    ryan s3

Status

Downpipe fitting

hi guys i bought a pipe werx 3" downpipe and cat replacement and had booked in to have them fitted and a full system but he had only booked 1-2 hours, when he had a look underneath to remove the old downpipe he said he would need 4-5 hours and would have to remove the transfer box to access the downpipe, hes rebooked me in for a weeks time now, is this the only way by removing the transfer box? is there an easyer way to do it?

thanks for any help in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    you dont have to take the transfere box out but it would be easier to drop the subframe off it is quite fiddly job but i would say 3 to 4 hours is plenty the 3 bolts that hold on the downpipe 2 need to be removed with short or stubby spanner and the third you need to take off the drivers side wheel and go in with a long extension bar

1st Gear

Status
    Easy peasy and if they can't get it done within 4 hours find sombody else. Did mine yesterday, you won't be dissappointed! Good choice. But g/box out- no and wheels off -no, also subframe can be left hanging, did mine in 2 hours 46 minutes + EWA
    Last edited by Kunit; 20th December 2009 at 12:18.
    S3, 4 wheels, magical B8's, Eibach, Pipewerx equipped, glass windows, metal engine, silver paint.

ryan s3

Status
    thanks guys wasnt 2 keen on the idea of taking the transfer box off will tell him about the subframe