ESP not working

ex_scoobydoo

Reaction score
i dont think my ESP is working, i did know this from the start, well i knew the esp button didnt work so one wet day i tried to wheel spin which the car did for a split second then it got traction, now tonight the roads are like glass so i dipped the clutch a little doing a hard right turn out of a junction and nearly ended up doing a doughnut lol, although it was good fun, i am getting no esp light show on the clocks and also no esp light on the ESP button,
were do i go from here ?

i dont think my ESP is working, i did know this from the start, well i knew the esp button didnt work so one wet day i tried to wheel spin which the car did for a split second then it got traction, now tonight the roads are like glass so i dipped the clutch a little doing a hard right turn out of a junction and nearly ended up doing a doughnut lol, although it was good fun, i am getting no esp light show on the clocks and also no esp light on the ESP button,
were do i go from here ?

Normally when ESP is nackered you'll get the ESP light on the dash stall on all the time so if you dont get the light I dont know.

You're best bet would be to get the car scanned to see what fault codes its showing otherwise you could be changing sensors just for the sake of it.

By the way the owners manual advises that ESP is turned off in the snow :icon_thumright:

no fault codes, it was scanned a couple of weeks ago
does it maybe turn itself of when under a certain temp

deffo no lights on the dash or the button, and the wheels spin for fun, its not working :( no fault codes either

Same thing happened to a lad on here, same faults as yours and in the end it was his Haldex controller that had gone, i sold my old unit to him and fixed the probkem

yer its an s3 2000 apy
dam must be the haldex, what am i looking at to fix and what work involved

I have the performance haldex and well worth it.

You may find a performance haldex 2nd hand

std ones go for about £100+ on ebay

A garage should only charge you 1 hours labour only

If DIY its a bit harder under axle stand on your back so could take longer