Ive gone euro ! New Rims !

jimboA3

Reaction score
17 x 10 on the back , 17 x 9 on the front. Split rims with forged centres , 215/45's all round! Im really pleased with the way it looks , so much better than the old rims ! Some better piccies to follow shortly

P1010063.jpg

P1010061.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010057.jpg

Let me know what you think ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Looking good mate! How come you didnt go for 18's? IMO they could do with being a bit bigger... Bet they werent cheap tho! How many wheels have you had on this car now?

Rich

Very nice rims! Enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Just wanted to ask, since you used a different size in the back, why did you get the same tyres all around?

G.

I would have gone bigger as well.

The Euro look does look good, but streching tyres can't be good for road holding!

But stretching tyres look oh soo cool!! :)

The stretch on those tyres is fine. That amount isn't dangerous IMO. I've seen some seriously stretched tyres on dutch motors.

Stretching a 215 tyre over 10" is a fair stretch!

You can see from the pic the sidewall is stretched which does nothing for road holding!

All depends what you are into LOOKS vs PERFORMANCE/HANDLING.

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:All depends what you are into LOOKS vs PERFORMANCE/HANDLING.

[/ QUOTE ]

...cough... 19" rims ... cough cough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:All depends what you are into LOOKS vs PERFORMANCE/HANDLING.

[/ QUOTE ]

...cough... 19" rims ... cough cough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha ha... I was waiting for that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Hence why I put my 17s on for doing the 1/4 at Edzell on Sunday!

I'll have a go doing the 1/4 mile next time in my 19s - see what the difference will be!

Anyone fancy a bet? +0.5, +1.0? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

18's were just way outta my price league! the 17's including shipping and hub adaptors were nearly £1400 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Plus coilovers and a serious drop are on the list next! This is my third set of rims in 12 months , these will be stayin 4 a while though !

[ QUOTE ]
Black S3 said:

Those pics realy make the car look more red than orange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The tomato soup mobile strikes again ! lol! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is what you call tyre stretching - and possibly a little too low!

ACFBXC.DbGhR.jpg

nooo, I dont like the look of streching at all, much prefer a nice squarer edge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

makes you wonder how they get the tyre on the rim, does look really good though

thats the beauty of being euro , mine stick out that far at the back that when im driving i can STILL see them ! lol ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Motorsport Wheels.

Much Cheapness, many many bargins! Already had the tyres off my old RS4 wheels so bought the wheels on their own for £650+VAT

Man, that is one phat looking S3. Not into the silver plastic above the number plate. Wonder what exhaust that is? Looks rather substantial!

think it was a milltek, that must have been one of the best cars at the show and it wasnt even on show (parked in the car park)

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
Hows that 4 a stretch ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Cant be safe !
stretched.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Kerbs become your worst enemy!

Rich