Chris NottAH Fabrications

Thread: Vagtech

1st Gear

Status

Vagtech

hiya guys just wondering if anyone on here have used vagtech for a remap before because ive got my car booked in for one as they have offered me a remap for 115 inc VAT so thought i would take them up on the offer. Does anyone know what software they use as I have noticed that there is a few.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I got the offer through too, I emailed them back and they said it was a Motech map.

1st Gear

Status
    Motech any good?

1st Gear

Status
    just been looking and was wondering if Motech produces the lowest bhp from the remap as they have figures of 185bhp from the 150bhp i have. Am i right in thinking so as I was under the impression that you normally get 200bhp from a remap.

Status
    Most remap figures won't be reached,I think these figures were when the cars were newer

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audi_a3_turbo View Post
    just been looking and was wondering if Motech produces the lowest bhp from the remap as they have figures of 185bhp from the 150bhp i have. Am i right in thinking so as I was under the impression that you normally get 200bhp from a remap.

If you have a 150bhp 1.8T engine you have a KO3 turbo...you wont make 200bhp. You'll be lucky to get 190 from a remap alone...more likely about 180-190 ish.

Dont let that put you off though, mines running a Custom Code remap and its much nicer to drive than before with loads more poke Seems to go pretty well now the TIP, filter and exhaust have been done too.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    yeah i have the 1.8T. I have a upgraded recirculation valve on the way and am looking to get a air filter too. Do you think the offer of 115 all in for the remap is a good one?

Kiteyboy

Status
    you will get excellent service from Jon at VAGtech
    Evo - May 2002 "...For keen drivers, the revised S3 is currently the best car Audi makes."

1st Gear

Status
    okay guys thanks again. Im getting my car remapped tomorrow so i will let you all know what i think. Im so bloody excited!!!