3 days till REVO!!!

A3ster

Reaction score
Hi All,

I spotted a deal on AGU revo maps from a company in Kimbolton so thought I would give them a ring and have a chat.

Well, I rung the guy up and got no answer, so tried the mobile number. Turns out he is at the track with a customer performing testing (also turns out they do far more than just remaps on road cars) Anyway I ask if he can fit me in this saturday and he says it will be tight but will ring me back :(

At this point im not holding much hope, and I said to myself if I cant get this saturday I will spend the money on a new guitar instead.

Anyway rings back and can fit me but with one hitch, a new rolling road is being put in that day!!! The original offer included before and after readouts, so im thinking OK this is sounding like its not meant to be untill he gives me an offer I couldn't refuse

£200 plus VAT!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

So im in there like swim wear and will write a small review when I get back etc. Sounds like a great deal, obviously would have been better with the rolling road but I cant see any problems occuring from this unless anyone can think of anything? And I assume if you are a REVO distributer then it doesnt matter one you go to they will all be the same"ish"?

Yes all Revo Dealers supply the same software,good call on the price.
RR isn't no big deal you'll feel the increase right away,ask about uprgrading the DV to a Forge 007p and also ask advice on coilpacks.

Revo all the way baby :)

Thanks for the reply voorhees,

In the respect of the DV mine is only 3 months old(replaced by myself and OEM) will it "break" sooner than later or can It wait till January till I get a 007P?

On the coil packs, from searching the forum I am aware that the remap may show up any weak points that are already there so have put money aside for 4 new coil packs if needed :scared2:

My only other issue is can you explain to me or point me in the direction of a good 1.8T diagram with all the hoses etc. I fell if I increase the power over standard I should know whats going on in there.

I would replace the induction hose, from the air box to the turbo, I know with peak boost under load it will collapse especially in the higher gears.

Mines going in tomoz be have revo stage 3 put on.. quite interested to see what the outcome will be..

I would replace the induction hose, from the air box to the turbo, I know with peak boost under load it will collapse especially in the higher gears.

Is that the TIP, do you have a product number for that?

Thanks for the reply voorhees,

In the respect of the DV mine is only 3 months old(replaced by myself and OEM) will it "break" sooner than later or can It wait till January till I get a 007P?

On the coil packs, from searching the forum I am aware that the remap may show up any weak points that are already there so have put money aside for 4 new coil packs if needed :scared2:

My only other issue is can you explain to me or point me in the direction of a good 1.8T diagram with all the hoses etc. I fell if I increase the power over standard I should know whats going on in there.

Ask the tuners they will put you right about the DV.

vacuumdiagramug9.jpg

Thanks voorhees,

Is there a key to the numbers on the diagram :)

1 - Fuel Tank Breather
2 - Charcoal Filter
3 - One Way Valve
4 - Turbo.... Duh!!
5 - Wastgate Actuator
6 - Diverter Valve
7 - Brake Servo
8 - One Way Valve
9 - N75 Valve
10 - MAF
11 - Air Box
12 - pressure regulating valve
13 - N249 vacuum reservoir
14 - SMIC
15 - Fuel Pressure Regulator
16 - Throttle Body
17 - Inlet Manifold
18 - Crankcase Breather Valve
19 - One Way Valve
20 - N249 Valve
21 - One Way Valve
22 - SMIC

Quick update,

After digging my car out of a blizzard at 6:30am and making a slow and quite frankly un-nerving drive to get the A3 remaped it turns out that my port doesnt work :rolleyes:

It will read but not write. So a little tip for people, check you have coms on an channels before you travel 100 miles in a blizzard to get your car remaped.

He said he will order a harness and bench flash it so I still get the remap and will have a look at the port at the same time to see if we can get it working for the future. All credit to the dealer he tried his best and coffee and chocolate was flowing, explained a few things along the way such as how dry sumps work etc. They also had a rather tasty clio touring car there and a race spec Elise!

sadly mate, the tunner should have warned you this was possible before you went!

AGU's seem to be very hit and miss with regards to OBD mapping. some can be flashed via the obd port, and some need to be bench flashed. Really early ones need opening up and a new chip soldering in

i have decided to leave mine std without re maps, they are quick enough, and from most posts i see once re mapped people have problems with clutches fault codes etc etc etc i could do without the hastle, im happy as it is :)

i have decided to leave mine std without re maps, they are quick enough, and from most posts i see once re mapped people have problems with clutches fault codes etc etc etc i could do without the hastle, im happy as it is :)

If you've come from a scooby I'll give you a maximum of 6 months before you consider mapping your S3 :)

If you've come from a scooby, i'm quite suprised you think its fast enough in standard form. I mapped mine two weeks after buying it, now its much more like it! I'd still like it faster but at least i can now say 'its fast enough as it is'!

If you've come from a scooby, i'm quite suprised you think its fast enough in standard form. I mapped mine two weeks after buying it, now its much more like it! I'd still like it faster but at least i can now say 'its fast enough as it is'!

Exactly. I came out of a 1.4 corsa (but did come from faster cars previously) and got the S3 remapped after 2 months and its still slow.

Its not as fast as my M3 but faster than all the other mapped turbo's i've owned...Perhaps his Subaru was standard which wouldn't be far off a standard S3?

i know what you mean guys, but im happy as it is, my days of throwing cash into cars os over, the s3 is nippy enough i had my fun with the scooby and it bankrupt me at the same time lol, 14000 it owed me on a p reg sti sold for pennies, so im just happy now with some comfort and a little bit of speed when needed, some decent shocks and springs, set of tt wheels and thats enough for me.

sti was around 300bhp just lightend flywheel polished headers that was it for mods. 2 re builds etc etc blah blah blah lol