Brake help needed!

random101

Reaction score
Okay so the car is at a local mechanics where i got the coil overs fitted..

he is also changing my brakes but couldn't find the brake fluid reservoir
So could someone please let me know where it is?

Also

i have to push out my wheels as they dont clear the callipers (so im getting spacers) but im scared that the center hub rings will not fit onto the hub with the 8mm spacers this could be a problem! also im having problems to source out longer wheel nuts..

any ideas!! would be excellent

Also if i push out the front should i push out the back.. i dont care about looks just performance..

Cheers!

If he is fitting new brakes he needs to undo the bleed nipple on the master cylinder aswell. The brake fluid pot is under bonnet to the left. Do you have confidence in this person?
If you widen the track at the front i would widen the track at the back to suit aswell.

Great thanks for that, i have just done a heap of reading and most people seem pretty happy with spacers,

although one question i am having trouble finding a 8-10mm spacer that is hub centric

could this because the hub comes out enough so it doesnt need it? if so excellent if not.. where can i find some i have checked out http://www.fk-automotive.de/websale7/

but non are centric

Cheers

did you have any issues with the centre hub i.e. would the wheel still sit flush on the centre hub im looking at 5mm to 8mm really trying to make sure the wheel sits on a centre hub lol

Cheers!

Mine is fine sits on perfect and still sits on the spigot. I prob have 1/4 inch between Caliper and inner wheel. Looks mint. Compbrake have put some pics of it up on Facebook i'm well impressed.

10mm or smaller don't need to be hub-centric as enough of the hub should be poking out to align the wheel on.

I have 10mm front and 15mm rear. Works well on an S3 but you will need longer bolts. Watch out for the length though as if they are too long they will hit the hub/ABS ring and damage the thread/ABS ring and lock up your hubs...

My 15mm spacers are eibachs but the 10mm ones I got from a guy on ebay for about £50 inc bolts and they are hubcentric. They look pretty much like the Forge ones...

ESP Engineering I think the seller was..

<tuffty/>

10mm or smaller don't need to be hub-centric as enough of the hub should be poking out to align the wheel on.

I have 10mm front and 15mm rear. Works well on an S3 but you will need longer bolts. Watch out for the length though as if they are too long they will hit the hub/ABS ring and damage the thread/ABS ring and lock up your hubs...

My 15mm spacers are eibachs but the 10mm ones I got from a guy on ebay for about £50 inc bolts and they are hubcentric. They look pretty much like the Forge ones...

ESP Engineering I think the seller was..

<tuffty/>

Yes good point i forgot to add i had to get some longer bolts too. Couldn't get the ones i needed so i got longer ones and got my mate to turn them down.

yep im trying to source out some bolts as we speak :)

as for the hub rings i have found a few places but non that offer 10mm hub centric with a 57.1 diameter but i will keep looking :)

Last edited:
I've posted a link to where I got my spacers and bolts in the 'wheel spacers' thread further down the page.
If you've found the spacers elsewhere i'm sure they'd still sell you the correct bolts on their own!

I'd take it to another mechanic if he cant find the brake fluid resrviour!!