No boost and loud vacuum noise

quattro rob

Reaction score
Was going down motorway doing 100km/h'ish then started to slow for round about came out of juction put foot down and nothing seemed to have no power at all, :sob:
Turn music down and open window can hear turbo spoil up really loud and sounds simpler to a vacum cleaner, pulled over cant seem to see anything but the metal part of turbo like a bit inside the casing the bit just before the rubber 90 bend seems to be loost can turn it nearly all way round going to have a good look tommorrow is this a common problem with upload pics so you know wat part am on about
thanks for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
100ish is a bit self incriminating, I would remove that bit mate.

sounds like a some think has come lose or maybe a cracked breather pipe. i had that same problem with my tdi, found out the intercooler had a big hole in it where some one had backed into the front of my car and craked it. no boost and lotsof smoke and loud sucking noise from front of car.

pipes off..

agreed. Check your intercooler piping. If that checks out and everything is connected light a cigarette above your engine running in a garage, move it over the engine slowly until you see where the leak is blowing.

thanks guys sounds like it coming from the back part of the smic pipework i have my fmic ready to be put on sat in the garage waitingso it looks like it a good time to crack on with it, i hope it all good after i fit the fmic