Engine heat query....

tspar

Reaction score
Having not owned a Turbo car before, is it normal for the engine bay to get so hot?. Steam still rising from bonnet in the rain nearly an hour after parking up?. Never noticed anything like this before on my R32 ?. Im sure its normal but thought id ask the question as only had the S3 two days !
Many thanks for any info.

Cheers
Tim :thumbsup:

As long as the temperature gauge isn't going above the norm i wouldnt worry, exhaust manifold gets to about 700c on a turbo manifold, higher sometimes.

As long as the temperature gauge isn't going above the norm i wouldnt worry, exhaust manifold gets to about 700c on a turbo manifold, higher sometimes.

Many thanks Mike. I didnt think it would be anything to worry about but as i live by the rule that the only stupid question is the one you dont ask, i thought id ask it !!. No the temp sensor is absoutely normal so i will stop worrying !!. As for the car, its fantastic and a worthwhile upgrade from my R32. Glad i changed despite missing the V6 growl of the Golf :racer:

Sounds normal. On my old turbo cars you could see the manifold and turbo glowing orange. Not see that on the S3 yet even after some big stick!

You have an 8P S3 then? I like them but they're still so expensive!

Get it mapped for a big smile!