EM TuningAH Fabrications

Thread: Nos or Hybrid?

ZoomZoom

Status

Nos or Hybrid?

Hi just wondering what your thoughts are on the 2 above?
    Next year I was planning going down the hybrid path but for the costs I think a nos system would be costing around the same amount of money. From what I've read with nos if done by the right person the results can be rather good, been looking at a company called Wizards of nos who seem to do a rather good job from what I've read around the net

Any ideas or thoughts about the subject

thanks mike
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Its a little too 'Fast and Furious' for my taste but the very least you would need to do is change the rods I suspect... IIRC, NOS can generate quite a bit of torque...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

..got my head together!

Status
    Hybrid and NOS FTW

Howdy

Status
    I heard on the news earlier this year that the government are considering banning car mods such as NOS. So i'd do that while you can if I were you!

Or maybe i'm just saying that 'cos i'd love to see a NOS build-thread on here!
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

6th Gear

Status
    I run NOS on my other car and its fine.
    I have a spare kit and toyed with the idea for the S3.
    The problem is that if its set up wrong or badly instaled you WILL damage something.
    Oh and the other problem is ... the botle doesnt last for ever. A bigger turbo will always be there when you push the loud pedal.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

ZoomZoom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    I run NOS on my other car and its fine.
    I have a spare kit and toyed with the idea for the S3.
    The problem is that if its set up wrong or badly instaled you WILL damage something.
    Oh and the other problem is ... the botle doesnt last for ever. A bigger turbo will always be there when you push the loud pedal.
    The main reason I am thinking about nos is just that I fancy doing something different from the hybrid. From what I've read about "wizards of nos" they do good work. I wouldn't be using the system all the time, I plan on doing track days next year and want to take it 2 the pod a couple of times 2
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    My argument (as mentioned above) for the hybrid over the NOS would be the ongoing costs. Hybrid once fitted costs nothing. NOS requires refills. Not expensive I agree - but tally it up over time and you start talking about quite a lot of squedge...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

6th Gear

Status
    Gas on a track day would be ok but... you will need to think of the brakes too. I used the same company. Trevor is a good lad and knows his stuff. The problems start when you want more and more... Ive ended up with 3 bottles in my mk2 golf.
    You would run out of gas before the end of a track session i think though,
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?