Where to go for S3 remap?

jeff d

Reaction score
I have recently bought a 2000 s3, I live in south wales and am thinking of going for a revo, I have spoke to tsr in bridgwater which is about an hour away from me but i have also read on here that someplace in gloucester does it too , any experiances appreciated as im new to s3 tuning, last car was an m3, thanks in advance

badger5 in gloucestershire. defo worth the drive up to see him.
junc.13 on m5

just googled his name and got the number, will give him a call on monday, thanks for the pointer, I have ordered a 007 dump valve today, my plan is gt28 route but prob not for another year due to moving house, im planing on a 3" system turbo back in the new year so would it be ok to get it mapped now and then fit the exhaust in say feb-march time ? thanks in advance

just googled his name and got the number, will give him a call on monday, thanks for the pointer, I have ordered a 007 dump valve today, my plan is gt28 route but prob not for another year due to moving house, im planing on a 3" system turbo back in the new year so would it be ok to get it mapped now and then fit the exhaust in say feb-march time ? thanks in advance

If you want to maximise potential after more modifications post remap, you would need to get it custom mapped again after any and all mods.

So if you want to save yourself a few hundred £££ get it mapped after all engine mods.

I'd do the remap first as when you sit down and workout the costs of a big turbo and all the bits you might realise its a lot of money unless of course you can do a lot of the work yourself.

if you do need to travel to tsr in brigwater i can strongly recomend them. I just got a stage 1 revo there this morning. so happy, its transformed the car! great service from tsr.

£399 for the map and £45 for the rolling road. Prob not the cheapest but they are the closest reputable tuner to me with a 4 wheel rr.

Looking at the rolling road results...
Most of the cars with phase 1 made very simular results.
Dont alot of companys offer a trial period?
I think there are about 4 or 5 diffrent generic remap companys out there.
Try and blag trials from them to see what you think?
I think most say its how the power is delivered that seperates them.

I used to think remaps were expensive,but if you compare it to a 200 quid induction kit which in my opinion will give you next to no increase in power on an s3. i got 60 ponies and 70 torques from a map. Its pretty good value considering it now feels like a new car.

I can get alot of the work done for the big turbo but due to moving it may be 18 months time, the car def needs more go so a remap it is, I live in newport but dont fancy germania, id rather travel a bit and go for either badger or tsr as other people have testimonials, thanks all