ordering from vw

[ QUOTE ]
It's no mistake that the word consult is made up of con and insult.
So the definition of a consultant is someone who both cons and insults you at the same time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stickpoke.gif That's a bit unfair! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

just picked up a new wingmirror (glass part) from vw for £23, a lot cheeper than if it was orded from audi. anyway i was thinking how much can you order from vw before they tell you to go to audi. i have that common problem that when i shut the drivers door, it appears to be open according to the dash. audi had a look a while ago and quoted me £295 for a new door lock or something,that was including labour (i hope). do you think i could order this part from vw and fit it myself or get a local mechanic to fit it? if so what is the actual name of this part or part number. i have sprayed contact cleaner into the side of the door (where the catch is) and did'nt make any difference. many thanks.

I order equal amount of parts from both Audi and VW, as both dealers are close by and the prices are always exactly the same, just that the VW guys know what they're talking about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can imagine that the Skoda and Seat prices for common parts have been brought in line. There is a common electronic parts CD for use on the 4 brands and IIRC the pricing was the same for a common part....but I did only check one.