Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    3rd Gear

Status

Diverter Valve - is it right?

Fitted a fast response FORGE FMDVR DIAPHRAGM DIVERTER VALVE, but seem to have a lot less power lower down the rev range, is this because the spring is too strong? Haven't driven it much, but am pretty sure that it's weaker lower down.

Anybody got any ideas?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Diverter Valve - is it right?

I dont,although im still wondering what that shimming lark does to a dv.Didnt think a diaphram dv had a spring im probably wrong like so i'll shut it now.Any answers on shimming would be helpfull though.

Status

Rob, i fitted a forge DV to my old A3 and felt it was slower than OEM. Whilst not objective changing back seemed to help. With re to the spring, under accelleration (when the DV will be closed) the spring should have no effect. Perhaps the DV is faulty and leaking boost off, this would certainly cause a noticeable drop in power.

Also, I have seen on rolling roads that a split OEM DV can cause overboosting, giving a higher than normal torque at low revs (a friends TT aquired a spike of 25lbft), and if this was the case with your car, the apparent power "loss" is the car returning to normal boost characteristics.

1st Gear

Status

The valve is not faulty - i sold it to him.

Rob, you need to play about with the springs in it to find the one that best suits your car, as I said I had the middle fitted to mine when I had it on. I found that there was no power loss at all, do you have it on the correct way as in are the pipes connected to the correct intake on the valve?