2002 S3.... 19s? Lowered? Help!!!

S3-Chris

If its not broke....break it!!
Reaction score
Hi All

Im looking at putting a set of 19" replica rs6's on my s3, but i have been told 19s chew balljoints etc... is this true? can something be done to prevent this happening?

also will i need to lower it on 19s? will it sit too high? are eibachs the springs to get?

what offset will i need so the back wheels arent sitting too far inside the arches?

any advice will be great, thanks

19's haven't 'chewed' my balljoints, the only thing you get i a slightly harsh ride, if you get decent springs/dampers the ride shouldn't suffer too much, dpm do a good kw set up which is what i'd go for.
Depending what offset your wheels are you need an overall offset of around et20 rear, so you'd need 15mm spacer if your rs6's are et35 and the front et25 or leave them at et35
You will need to lower it though or it'll look like a true 4x4 lol

this is what my car looks like on 19" (new rs6 reps) lowered on eibachs..

ive found that the ride is better then when i had 18" i think im just weird.

i have got some hardcore wheel wobble at around 80mph so probably need to get that looked at.

spring and shocks mate... were fitted to the car when i brought it.

ill be home next week so ill take some better pictures. that one really doesnt do it any justice...

do we think im the first to do this.??? bare in mind they have been fitted for about a fortnight now.

Hey Wagon did the wheels ever rub on the arches at full lock as im lookin 2 get a set of 19s too???

Hey bud, i have 19"'s on mine.. apart from the look i wouldn't recommend the,. I've found with my FK coilies, strut braces and 40's for tires the Ride is harder than a woodpeckers nose.. I'm not entirely happy with mine. Will raise it so the whole wheel is visible and hopefully soften the dampeners a bit. Also may invest in some spacers.. any recommendations for width guys ?..

IMG_0192.jpg

Tankie, def need spacers on that one IMO.

Wagon, not too keen on that look. Seems abit too low. Rear tyres are up in the arches too much IMO

Each to their own though

ianysm, its on a downward slope, ill take some more pic's next week to show what it looks like. its not that covered.

scott, they do rub a little at full lock, but that doesnt really bother me, the fronts are mm from touching the front shock. might need to get spacers as i dont have any around the whole car.

Thanks 4 the advice tankie and wagon the road here r shockin gonna leave buyin 19s 4 it and use the money on a remap!!!