Chris NottAH Fabrications
    4th Gear

Status

Any decent De-cat for my S3?

Hi everyone, looking to get a de cat on my S3 soon. I know of Milltek too pricy, THS not so sure. I know there is not much but a Y shaped pipe and some clamps, and from what I have seen it's a bit too expensive for what it is. however I would like to hear what you guys are using. and how much you paid for them. any advice would be appreciated.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I wouldnt bother decating if your keeping the standard down pipe on, As far as im aware the restrictions are worse in the down pipe than the cats themselves.
    Im using a 3 inch down pipe and decat from pipeworx( mated to a miltek non resonated system).
    The feel of the throttle response is great over standard imo.
    The sound changes abit obviously but anybody who has heard my car under boost has always said its a sporty noise not a loud one.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Im running a THS decat i was given by Olly. It was free so i cant mown but most off my friends got given one aswell and you will always get that "THS blow" we call it haha. I would push the boat out and get the full system turbo back. I will be doing this when funds allow.

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    I wouldnt bother decating if your keeping the standard down pipe on, As far as im aware the restrictions are worse in the down pipe than the cats themselves.
    Im using a 3 inch down pipe and decat from pipeworx( mated to a miltek non resonated system).
    The feel of the throttle response is great over standard imo.
    The sound changes abit obviously but anybody who has heard my car under boost has always said its a sporty noise not a loud one.
    Does your car pop with the downpipe done?
    Thanks.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Mines positively explodes going from first to second under boost lol

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 HODGE View Post
    Does your car pop with the downpipe done?
    Thanks.
    Erm... im not sure it pops all the time, It has but wouldnt say i could do it on request
    The only minor downside is when the cold start air pump is active the exhaust sounds a little tinny.
    But once the cold start has gone... it sounds deep and rumbley off boost and "awsome" when on boost
    As i say, ive not heard the car on boost from the outside so... its all what others have said.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

4th Gear

Status
    Thank you all, if anything decent comes up please let me know, or if you know a good deal somewhere again it's very much appreciated
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Mines positively explodes going from first to second under boost lol

<tuffty/>
    Thats what we like to hear

Mines only just started popping and ive had my exhaust on there for a good 6-8 months? Strange but I cant complain.

4th Gear

Status
    OoPOo I love that pop with a bit of blue flame. Two of my mates have them on boost one comes out with yellow flame the other beast pops with blue. It is mean I just want it like that. With Milltek non res cat back