Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: LEAK INSIDE S3

Reverse Gear

Status

LEAK INSIDE S3

Can anyone help me with a leak I can't find on my S3, after it has been raining (which is most winter days in Wales) and I get in my car the windows are all misted up just like I have a leak but I have search high and low checked all the carpets for any moist bits but nothing, what has been noticed now and again when I've got a passenger in there and they put they're seat belt on it sometimes feels a bit damp, has anyone got any idea or had the same problem and know where the water is coming from.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    just feeling the top of the carpet is not enough.there is quite a bit of foam insulation under the carpet so under the carpet may be wet and the top still dry to touch.you need to lift up the carpet and check.
    if you isolate the wet area it will be a bit easier to find the leak

6th Gear

Status
    When its been raining heavy run your hand along the underside of the dash ( under the little try bellow the glove box) and see if you find any droplets of water, There can sometimes be a problem with the seal around the pollen filter, This means if the rain is heavy enough and the water can not drain away straight away it sometimes seeps past the seal and into the car, If this is the problem a new seal or a thin line of silicone around where it meets the car body and the filter housing should sort it out.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    When its been raining heavy run your hand along the underside of the dash ( under the little try bellow the glove box) and see if you find any droplets of water, There can sometimes be a problem with the seal around the pollen filter, This means if the rain is heavy enough and the water can not drain away straight away it sometimes seeps past the seal and into the car, If this is the problem a new seal or a thin line of silicone around where it meets the car body and the filter housing should sort it out.
    Ive had this on both my A3 and my S3. Could you find a picture of the seal and it will be much apricated?

Thanks.

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

6th Gear

Status
    If i get time this weekend i will take mine out and try to show you what i mean.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    If i get time this weekend i will take mine out and try to show you what i mean.
    Thanks Paul, Would be very helpfull

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09