Courtesy car

jdas03

Reaction score
My cars in for some work at Audi and have been sorted out a really nice a4, the question i have though is with regards to mileage.

I have it for around two weeks, and i wondered what expected mileages are when returning a courtesy car, do you get charged for using it too much? are there any rules from dealerships? the paperwork i was given said nothing but a friend who had a mazda courtesy car while his mazda was at the dealership got charged for too many miles... Anybody know if Audi dealerships do the same?

Cheers

jdas

cheers, i just wondered, i drive 100miles a day to work and back so ill be racking them up no doubt dont want to be racking up a fine as well!

Don't run the risk of a hefty fine, just phone the dealer up in the morning and confirm that there won't be any additional charges.

When I had a courtesy car there were rules regarding daily mileage, can't remember exactly what they were but 100 miles a day I think would be boarder line iirc...like Golf says, I'd ring the dealer to clarify. They should really have told you when handing the keys over if there were any limitations. I know I had to return the car with the same fuel or I'd of got charged too...

Who is the car hired from. IE Avis/Euro car/ enterprise/budget???

Me and my mate did around 750 miles in 24hours in a courtesy car once, it had 170 miles on the odo, and we returned it with 900+ after a road trip up north lol.

Its from Audi themselves, i do have to return it with the same fuel which isnt a problem. just was not sure on mileage

I made a point of putting as many miles on the brand new A4 Audi gave me when my car went in to get the rusty roof sorted.

Had it for about a week and went back with over 1K (hard) miles on the clock :D

No quarms about the miles on handover.

haha good good! thats wat im doing too! :) not for the sake of it, i just rather drive into work than get the train! normally i get the train to save miles on my car but while its in ill make the most of this new a4! :) lovely car i must say, only thing its a little sluggish sometimes ;-)

The one I had was an auto 2.0 TDi, nice enough but it hardly set the world on fire.

Yer i got the manual 2.0 tdi. Its good on the economy, very cheap journey, way cheaper than the train so im making the most of it :)
Its a very odd kind of power, nice surge then nothing! Its a diesel i suppose wasnt expecting that much! had a a5 soft top last time 2.0 petrol, now that was a nice car!